Zaitsev in Russia for personal reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
...that being said, I would think that teams do have the latitude to decide on what constitutes as reason to take leave outside of the regular bereavement, paternity, etc.

It's the same as any other employer or union.
No, the NHL and NHLPA is not like every other employer or union.

If you have any reason to ask for time off for personal matters, you will receive it, and when you leave without reason, like Buff and Berglund, you will be suspended.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
If anything it’s the opposite, Zaitsev’s underlying numbers are really bad
Seriously - Chabot no longer being anchored to Zaitsev hurts the tank greatly. Zaitsev is having one of the worst seasons by any defender in the league according to advanced metrics. He passes the eye-test because he moves his feet and generally speaking he's not Cody Ceci.

Chabot now gets to play with DeMelo I'd assume, which is going to help our defense out greatly in the short-term, potentially longterm when DJ realizes how much better Chabot can be with a competent d partner.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Chabot needs a big tough right shot defender who can cover his ass when he takes off the way he does in every game. A big guy who can defend well, skate well & clear the front of the net since Chabot can't. A Shea Weber type of D would be very helpful to this team as a whole & I'm not sure they have one on their org? Jaros maybe as he matures but other than him I don't think they have anyone else who is good enough like that. This defence IMO needs work or more likely they need to change the makeup or they will be forced to keep a guy like Boro who does hit & block a ton of shots.

Reactions: DrEasy

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Translation: "A video appeared on the network where the Ottawa Senators hockey player Nikita Zaitsev selects children from his former wife Margarita. The video is available on the Mash Telegram channel.

According to Mash, a company of three people - Zaitsev, his father and friend - was waiting for the athlete's ex-wife to go out with the children. There, two babies were taken from a woman who was accompanied by a nanny. On the video you can see how one of the women is being held so that she does not interfere with the abduction.

On November 27, REN TV reported that Zaitsev's ex-wife went to the police, saying that the hockey player had organized the abduction of their common children. It was alleged that the player missed a regular hockey match of the National Hockey League (NHL) and flew to Moscow to deal with the charges. Later, comments appeared on the father of the athlete, who spoke about the abuse of children by their mother.

Hockey player married Margarita in 2015. Then they had two daughters. This year it became known about their separation."

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
[QDP]The tweet specifically said that the children normally reside with Zaitsev's parents. Idk about Russian law, but in Canada it's very difficult to take children out of the Provence little lone country if the other parent even has so much as visitation rights without consent of the other parent, so it's possible it wasn't an option for the kids to be with him here even if he had full custody. There are a lot of unanswered questions here and jumping to conclusions about Zaitsev or his ex-spouse based on what currently amounts to a lot of he said she said is probably the wrong way to go about it.

Lets move on and not speculate further on this, as it's only going to push us closer and closer to potential libel issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tighthead

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Have to say I am glad the immediate condemnation has not reached Hoffman levels when the news broke about his GF having a battle with Karlssons wife on social media. The solution then was to trade Hoffman for next to nothing (arguably less than nothing) to fix the room all before anything was even close to proven.

At first glance it does not look good. I am sure he felt he had his reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->