Zadorov with two massive hits on Scheifele today

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
He got under the Jets skin, near the end of the game Scheifele tried for some payback :laugh:

giphy.gif

(Stolen from our GDP)

Epic

Mar 26, 2010
I hate Scheifle. He got destroyed on that second hit.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Wrong. He was called for charging.

:laugh: You're grabbing at straws, because it was against your player. Look at the hit...he doesn't even take one stride. He literally pivots and moves into the hit...that's all. No charging at all. The refs just couldn't figure out how to get him into the box because of the appearance of the hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Trouba is such a tough guy, would love to see him square up if he has that big of a problem with the CLEAN hit. I got no problem with players wanting to fight after their stars get rocked, but don't be a coward and jump a guy.

It's a fast game, things are not so easily premeditated out there in the heat of the moment.

People condemning Trouba or Laine's actions where both saw Scheifele lying flat on the ice would probably be more upset had their been no reaction.

I rather have teammates come to the defence of each other, than there be no reaction. It is an emotional game, things happen fast. You don't think of tapping a guy to fight when it happens. You send a msg right away.

Clean hit, teammates react, we move on. That's hockey. If I am a betting man, players will remember this game. And either the Jets take clean hits on Duchene or Zadorov may want to drop the gloves if Scheifele challenges him. Or maybe Trouba got Zadorov off the hook already. We will see.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If it were Buff making that hit, the league would want him suspended and the Avs would be crying bloody murder.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Having watched the hits multiple times and being a neutral fan, this was an entertaining thread to read. A great example of how bias can cloud one's judgement. Well, emotions are good, without them hockey would be a lot more boring!

Also, kudos to Avs posters for being so lighthearted about your tire fire season, I chuckled at a few of your replies :)

Beauty hits!

nailed it

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If it were Buff making that hit, the league would want him suspended and the Avs would be crying bloody murder.

Buff has completely laid out Avalanche players before (Barrie) and I don't recall anything of the sort.

You should have went with "remember when Wilson laid out Zadorov and gave him a concussion?". We were pretty pissy about that one. Zadorov even came out and said he should have had his head up in an interview.

Heck, even Duchene got levelled this year by Orlov and the only real backlash was a portion of Avs fans thought it was clipping. The others thought it looked hilarious and suggested how awesome it would have been if he landed on his feet.

MikeAvsPats

Jun 10, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah usually Buff just ****s them up to. Zadorov just turtles, says a lot about him.

If you need to fight after a clean hit, feel free, it is today's NHL, which is brutal.
However, let the guy get a chance to fight. Trouba jumping him is not Z turtling.
Laine had the respect to at least not pummel on and realized he was 3rd man in.
Good on Laine.

Clean hit. The End.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If you need to fight after a clean hit, feel free, it is today's NHL, which is brutal.
However, let the guy get a chance to fight. Trouba jumping him is not Z turtling.
Laine had the respect to at least not pummel on and realized he was 3rd man in.
Good on Laine.

Clean hit. The End.

Pretty much this. If you're going to talk about something at least be knowledgeable about it.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Buff has completely laid out Avalanche players before (Barrie) and I don't recall anything of the sort.

You should have went with "remember when Wilson laid out Zadorov and gave him a concussion?". We were pretty pissy about that one. Zadorov even came out and said he should have had his head up in an interview.

Heck, even Duchene got levelled this year by Orlov and the only real backlash was a portion of Avs fans thought it was clipping. The others thought it looked hilarious and suggested how awesome it would have been if he landed on his feet.

To be fair, they tried to go after Buff on the Barrie hit.

https://youtu.be/LTzRGN8MCXA

Zadorov's hits were fine. I wish Buff would take note and start playing that way again too.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
To be fair, they tried to go after Buff on the Barrie hit.

https://youtu.be/LTzRGN8MCXA

Zadorov's hits were fine. I wish Buff would take note and start playing that way again too.

Great clip. Byfuglien is such a beast. I love how that hit on Barrie is not only completely clean, but he then crushes the Av coming at him to retaliate. Thats boss mode.

But note, those Avs confronted Buff face to face. Zads was not given that honor. fake toughness is lame

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Great clip. Byfuglien is such a beast. I love how that hit on Barrie is not only completely clean, but he then crushes the Av coming at him to retaliate. Thats boss mode.

But note, those Avs confronted Buff face to face. Zads was not given that honor. fake toughness is lame

I think Trouba would've went after Zadorov regardless. It also looks like Zadorov sees him coming, he just isn't interested in an exchange, probably because he thinks he can get his team a PP by not fighting. Weeelllllll, the refs screwed that up for him, didn't they (no surprise there though) :D

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
People are still pissed about Trouba and Laine jumping in?

Serious question. What league have you guys been watching?

This is textbook for when one of your big names gets rocked.

Teams that don't do this get mocked on this site routinely for being "soft".

Zads threw 2 beauty hits and got slapped with a bad penalty call. That's noteworthy. Guys jumping in when one of the teams stars gets hit? That's textbook.

It's not like the shoe hasn't been on the other foot before.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Zads threw 2 beauty hits and got slapped with a bad penalty call. That's noteworthy. Guys jumping in when one of the teams stars gets hit? That's textbook.

It's not the Zads getting jumped that irks us, it's the fact that everyone's calling him a turtle when he got jumped from behind. Buff had guys coming from in front of him, Zads didn't. I have nothing wrong with sticking up for your teammates, just jumping someone from behind is not ok.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

Good job completely ignoring every post in this thread and just assuming their content.

Trouba sticking up for Scheifele? Good.

Trouba and Laine jumping Zadorov from behind and fans calling him a turtle when he didn't even get a chance to drop his gloves? Bad.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

And Jets fans would be defending him. Welcome to fandom.

Avs are a division rival, and I don't like them, but those were two beauty hits. Shame the ref decided to call a penalty on the second one because it was a huge hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad