Confirmed with Link: Zadorov to Calgary for Toronto's 3rd round pick

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I sense this is sarcasm.
I wasn't referring to the team year-to-year, but rather that Hawks roster is softer when they trade away Z..... softer today than yesterday that is. I don't think anyone can argue that.

They replaced one physical player with 4 physical/gritty players man. How does that make them softer today? I'm not being an ass. I just don't understand the logic.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I hear ya but I'm disappointed... and damn, Zadorov can be so much better - I think it is a mental thing why he can't put it all together. Still, that physicality he brought can't be dismissed. Stan seems to think that Stillman will replace him. Time will tell but I reckon the soft Hawks just got softer.
I agreed, hockey IQ is mental thing.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I liked Zadorov on the Avs despite his constant blunders, sad to see he couldn't find any success with the Hakws. Funny enough, I came to your team's page to see how he did this season before realizing he'd been traded x___x

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Funny how Stan acquires all these guys and trades them a year after, it just shows his lack of research on a player, he has zero vision, he acquired Zodorov, De Haan, Maatta, Shaw, Zodorov is gone, Shaw EVERYONE in the hockey world knew he was a concussion away from retirement, Maatta was traded the next year I believe we had to retain, Zodorov was acquired with Shaw which was his last season and he did very well, remember also Saad was traded for losing the incredible Panarin and people were saying we get 4 years of Saad well I guess not, Dehaan had two shoulder injuries after we got him and we knew he had big issues and now he has no place on the team, this guy is so F’n confused, why would Rocky trust him anymore after bad trade after failed trade, he is pathetic.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
So very glad Big Z is gone...a man's got to know his limitations and this dude had many.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I liked Zadorov on the Avs despite his constant blunders, sad to see he couldn't find any success with the Hakws. Funny enough, I came to your team's page to see how he did this season before realizing he'd been traded x___x
Z had his moments, good and bad. He was adequate. Rumor was that he wanted around $4 mil per which is too rich for adequate and most likely a 3rd pairing D-man. His mic'd up was classic, especially at ~50 sec mark.

Reactions: Muffinalt

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Z is a weak 4 good 5. He's not worth his contract. He's definitely not worth his raise. You love him ten games a year, like him thirty, tolerate him twenty and hate him twenty. Guy is a f***ing monster. He brings an element few can. It's just not needed enough.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Thats the money everyone was scared of? I would have been totally fine with that deal.
I'll still take that money and reinvest it into McCabe. Zadorov is bottom pairing that MAY be passible in middle pairing at times, whereas McCabe is definately a middle pairing D and MAY be passible on a top pairing. We have 3 or 4 bottom pairing LHD without Zadorov.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
3rd round pick + cap space used on McCabe > Zadorov

Yeah. Plus 1 year vs 4 years... If Zadorov signs this deal here we'd just be right back at it next year.

Zadorov was traded and had to wait long and only got a one year... For sure he was asking for a way higher figure here before all the realizations hit.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
McCabe is going to rock....

Ya until he gets injured, this team used to be built with highly durable guys that went to war in the payoffs with no injuries, now this team is full of soft slow injury prone weaklings…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->