Confirmed with Link: Zadorov signs 3yr ELC

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm not sure why it took so long to hammer out his contract. Maybe he was looking for Grigorenko money, but the precedent is already there in his draft class.

11 Morin $1.425M
16 Zadorov
18 Mueller $1.35M

Should be between those two.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
1. In order for Zadorov to play a 9-game NHL tryout, he must be signed to an ELC.
Correct

2. >9 NHL games burns a year of ELC; </=9 and his contract slides.
Correct

3. >/=26 NHL games this year decreases his UFA elgibility age by 1 year (or is it his RFA eligibility age, or both?).
An Accrued Season, which is what counts for UFA eligibility, actually requires 40 games on the active roster (not playing that many games). That number was pro-rated last year which is why it affected Grigorenko. As for Zadorov's RFA eligibility, that comes after he's had three years of "professional experience" (in other words: 10 NHL games for this year or next year or 10 professional games after that)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I don't know if it's still a rule, but it used to be that if a player plays, two seasons of 6 or more games, he would no longer be Calder eligible. So if a player was to get a 9 game tryout, and then another one the next season, he would not be Calder eligible in the next season. Small thing.

That is still true. It is either 25 games in one season or 6 games in each of 2 consecutive seasons. It's why Pietrangelo was not Calder eligible in his first full season--he had 9-games in both his junior seasons post-draft, and became ineligible, despite clearly being a rookie for all intents and purposes.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
For discussions sake, top-4 is a fairly low expectation for the kid... I'd guess that's his floor. If he was from Edmonton and named Gord MacGroder he'd have been neck-and-neck with Seth Jones IMO. If you didn't know him as a defender and watched his OHL reel, you'd think he was a 1st round power-foward prospect. Perhaps I'm just enamored with our shiny new toy, but I see a future Russian National team and Sabre legend. Cheers Zads!

Yeah, I really meant that as an 'almost lock to reach' top 4 (so yes, floor).

Potential to be a top pairing, physical, jump in the play, hard shot, all around monster sized badass Dman.

"I like hit and score goal" - Zadorovism 14.1

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would be great if his progression mirrors Myers' post-draft season: great showing at camp, WJC's, Memorial Cup. He's still really raw, but as he gains confidence, it'll be interesting to see how he rounds out.

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I expect Baby Z to get his 9 games but he will go back to juniors due to our logjam on the blue line. Next year though our D looks awesome

Myers-Ehrhoff
Pysyk-McCabe
Zadorov-Ristolainen
Weber

TragicallySabres

Sep 23, 2011
South Buffalo
Yeah, I really meant that as an 'almost lock to reach' top 4 (so yes, floor).

Potential to be a top pairing, physical, jump in the play, hard shot, all around monster sized badass Dman.

"I like hit and score goal" - Zadorovism 14.1

:handclap:

I love Zadorov. I don't think he'll be on the roster full-time this year, but I can't wait until the day that he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad