Zadina

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Zadina 67gp 13g/19a = 32pts, -16, 2pim

J.Hughes 95gp 14g/23a = 37pts, -25, 10pim

granted he's 1 year younger, but still 1OA. (& a highly touted one too, "generational")

No respectable scout or reporter called Jack Hughes generational so lets get that out the way right now.

Why are you comparing Zadina to him? They weren't taken in the same draft. Start comparing Zadina to players taken after him in his draft year and you'll how it starts to gets disappointing for Zadina.

Zadina needs to start playing a lot better and producing.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Who is feeding Zadina one-timers now though?
I definitely agree he needs to find a way to score more, but he is a scorer on a team without playmakers.
He's whiffed or taken poor shots on many opportunities.

He wasn't even playing well positionally until a few games ago. He's starting to get it now that he's playing with Larkin and Fabbri. Missed a good opportunity today but it was a tough bouncy pass.

If Larkin can set up Fabbri, he can set up Zadina. He just needs to be in the right place.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So no "respectable" MSM called him generational.

I do remember a few of the MSM talking mouthpieces hailing him as "the next one / generational talent". I don't remember who, but I wanna say maybe Keith Jones? (again, I don't remember, it was a while back & much has happened since).

upload_2021-4-1_22-24-44.png

upload_2021-4-1_22-29-51.png

upload_2021-4-1_22-30-38.png

upload_2021-4-1_22-31-24.png

upload_2021-4-1_22-34-55.png

upload_2021-4-1_22-35-36.png

upload_2021-4-1_22-36-24.png

just a few...

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I do remember a few of the MSM talking mouthpieces hailing him as "the next one / generational talent". I don't remember who, but I wanna say maybe Keith Jones? (again, I don't remember, it was a while back & much has happened since).

View attachment 416216
I already beat you to that punchline, lol.

I posted a link to the Google search, quite a few people called Hughes generational.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I already beat you to that punchline, lol.

I posted a link to the Google search, quite a few people called Hughes generational.
Yes, thanks for posting that. I didn't bother searching b/c I knew that I wasn't that senile, at least not about what I clearly remember.

I did start to question my memory on it though. Good job.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Yeah the goal at 1:30 of this video was all Necas for sure. Goal at 2:30? Absolute bomb short side top shelf definitely all Necas as well. Goal at 3:45? Goes to the hard area and tips a dmans shot, all Necas. Goal at 5 mins where he gets his own rebound a couple times not giving up on the play, after skating the puck from his side of the red line all by himself? Big time Necas energy. Goal at 9:20? Nice secondary assist while Zadina scores on a nice one timer.

Its so easy to tell on these boards who literally knows nothing about hockey and are nerds who just sit in their basement and watch the game. No actual knowledge of the sport

I wanted us to draft Necas. I've watched a good many Necas highlight reels the last few years, but this has to be my favourite.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
No respectable scout or reporter called Jack Hughes generational so lets get that out the way right now.

Why are you comparing Zadina to him? They weren't taken in the same draft. Start comparing Zadina to players taken after him in his draft year and you'll how it starts to gets disappointing for Zadina.

Zadina needs to start playing a lot better and producing.
There are two players in his entire draft class taken after him that are out producing him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If you didn’t follow the draft and know 99% didn’t consider him generational you can stfu
I didn't consider him generational, but it doesn't mean that some writer's didn't. That was the argument and you lost so quit being a ***** about it. Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of looking like a bigger idiot.

I've eaten crow a few times here, I just say "my bad" and move on. Heck, I thought DDK was done. Not that he looks great by any means, but he's on the ice which is more than I expected.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I didn't consider him generational, but it doesn't mean that some writer's didn't. That was the argument and you lost so quit being a ***** about it. Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of looking like a bigger idiot.

I've eaten crow a few times here, I just say "my bad" and move on. Heck, I thought DDK was done. Not that he looks great by any means, but he's on the ice which is more than I expected.

Lol. You did a google search and found a minority opinion.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Still can't admit you were wrong? I thought you said you followed that draft.

I'm not the biggest draft follower here but even I remembered that there were a few writers hyping him up. Quite frankly, all writers overuse words like "generational" and "elite" because "guud" and "realgud" don't get clicks.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Still can't admit you were wrong? I thought you said you followed that draft.

I'm not the biggest draft follower here but even I remembered that there were a few writers hyping him up. Quite frankly, all writers overuse words like "generational" and "elite" because "guud" and "realgud" don't get clicks.

Dude. You used your 2 brain cells to do a google search and find a (hugely) minority opinion.

Go to bed.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Lol. You did a google search and found a minority opinion.
You still haven't figured out how to use Google, lol?

Plus nobody said it was a majority consensus, there's a few legit authors that used that word to describe him including Central Scouting:
Jack Hughes could be next McDavid, Central Scouting says

Edit: I'm on the west coast, you really should go to bed since you can't even use Google correctly.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Dude. You used your 2 brain cells to do a google search and find a (hugely) minority opinion.

Go to bed.
Keep re-editing your response with insults, it just makes you look dumber and dumber.

Edit: BTW, apparently I have 2 more brain cells than you because at least I know how to scroll down.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Keep re-editing your response with insults, it just makes you look dumber and dumber.

You started and have been consistent with the insults. I have 0 desire to have this conversation with you because I don’t think you know what the f*** you’re talking about. Later.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You started and have been consistent with the insults. I have 0 desire to have this conversation with you because I don’t think you know what the f*** you’re talking about. Later.
LOL, the proof is right there on the web and you're still arguing. Yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Not sure what you're trying to prove, everyone here knows how to follow a link. You're not convincing anyone with your arguments.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

View attachment 416216

View attachment 416218

View attachment 416219

View attachment 416220

View attachment 416221

View attachment 416222

View attachment 416223

just a few...
Props on your efforts for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad