13 goals and 28 pts in 52 games
Playoffs5 goals and 12 pts in 9 gamesn/a4 goals and 9 pts in 10 games
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Went with Puljujarvi, he was actually considered better than Laine by some people and his game was considered very mature for his age.

Patrick was a shoe in for 1ovr at the start of the year, but IMO the top of the draft of 2016 all had more potential than the top of 2017.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
This is an interesting thread, never thought of something like this. I'm in the same boat with selecting Puljujarvi, he seemed more touted in the WJC when he and Laine carried the Finnish team

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Puljujarvi. Patrick's draft year really hurt his stock whereas Puljujarvi had a very strong year. I preferred Puljujarvi's tools to Zadina, but I probably overlooked his offensive IQ in regards to proper positioning, but I was always a bit down on his ability to control crisp passes at speed. Zadina is much better in these things, and these issues have been magnified for Jesse at higher levels but they weren't as big a concern pre-draft. Zadina is smaller, slower and a worse defensive player. But, I do think his hands and offensive IQ currently give him a better chance to hit his higher-end upside than Puljujarvi currently.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This is an interesting thread, never thought of something like this. I'm in the same boat with selecting Puljujarvi, he seemed more touted in the WJC when he and Laine carried the Finnish team
I'd say someone named Sebastian Aho was just as important as those two, but he was already drafted.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

He got a lot of love during/after that tournament, and it was deserved. He was arguably the Finns best player on a pretty stacked team. I’m still surprised that, of all the impact players from that team, he’s the only one that hasn’t been able to settle into the NHL.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Predraft it's Puljujarvi > Patrick > Zadina

When it's all said and done, it's Zadina >> Puljujarvi >= Patrick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Predraft: Puljujarvi

Postdraft: The Oilers messed him up. I rather have the other two now.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Predraft I really wasn’t a fan of Puljujarvi at all and I have never liked Patrick/still don’t think he’s anything special. However, I’ve been a huge Zadina fan for a long time now, if all 3 were in the same draft I would’ve picked Zadina, Puljujarvi, Patrick in that order. Zadina should definitely end up the best.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He got a lot of love during/after that tournament, and it was deserved. He was arguably the Finns best player on a pretty stacked team. I’m still surprised that, of all the impact players from that team, he’s the only one that hasn’t been able to settle into the NHL.
Juolevi was also a big-time player for that team and hasn't settled either. He hasn't looked close to ready at either NHL camp.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Juolevi was also a big-time player for that team and hasn't settled either. He hasn't looked close to ready at either NHL camp.

Yeah. He was amazing for Team Finland, arguably the most important piece after PuLaAho line.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->