Recalled/Assigned: Zadina recalled: 12/6 update

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zadina should feed those linemates to score. He is better than their former linemates. Perlini or Hirose didn't help much Nielsen and Helm to score. That's why they have bad stats.

Zadina should be able to be better and feed them.

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I don't understand the rush to promote Zadina to anything.
He's got two secondary assists on the PP.
Now, I wouldn't mind playing him in Mantha's spot. There are SOME similarities. Lefty on the right-hand side who loves a one timer and also has passing ability.
So you don't have to change up very much.
But I don't see what he's done to "deserve it" or why it's in the team's interests to rush him into the lineup.

In fact, I don't think he's proven he should be in the NHL yet, to be honest.

He's definitely getting closer.

Meanwhile, Svechnikov, who is 2/3rds of a season away from having to clear waivers - is playing behind Zadina, Erne and Perlini.

If there was one Winger on this team we needed a real read on this year, it was Svechnikov.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
In fact, I don't think he's proven he should be in the NHL yet, to be honest.

If there was one Winger on this team we needed a real read on this year, it was Svechnikov.

Why do you think so? Are you wathing Griffins?

Guys watching the AHL said that Zadina was the Griffins best player for a while, before the first callup. I haven't seen the games, but after that kind of info, I'm quite sure he deserved the callup.

Svechnikov has do the same to get a callup. Be the best Griffin. It's a competition down there.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Why do you think so? Are you wathing Griffins?

Guys watching the AHL said that Zadina was the Griffins best player for a while, before the first callup. I haven't seen the games, but after that kind of info, I'm quite sure he deserved the callup.

Svechnikov has do the same to get a callup. Be the best Griffin. It's a competition down there.

I've watched a couple griffs games.
Not a lot.
And no, Zadina was not the best Griff. Chris Terry and Matt Puempel have been better players. Rasmussen too.

Svech's 4-5-9 -7 in 16 games isn't all that different from Zadina's 7-6-13 -9 in 20 games, considering Svech has gotten more PP time.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Everyone told you this would happen 3 days ago but you have an agenda to follow.

What agenda do I have to follow? I've been vocal about my opinion that Zadina should be in the AHL honing his craft. Yes. Last AHL game he played he had 0 points and was a -2.

HSJ tweeted Yzerman was going to watch Z in GR then he'll decide whether Zadina rejoins Red Wings for Saturday game.

It seems Zadina is on Yzerman's direct radar right now. I am not sure that's a good thing.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What agenda do I have to follow? I've been vocal about my opinion that Zadina should be in the AHL honing his craft. Yes. Last AHL game he played he had 0 points and was a -2.

HSJ tweeted Yzerman was going to watch Z in GR then he'll decide whether Zadina rejoins Red Wings for Saturday game.

It seems Zadina is on Yzerman's direct radar right now. I am not sure that's a good thing.

that last part is the agenda. You are fabricating a sense of fear to try to get people to soften on their stance and thus give your opinion a little bit of validation.

Yzerman being interested in one of his top 2 prospects development and NHL readiness is not unusual...

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I've watched a couple griffs games.
Not a lot.
And no, Zadina was not the best Griff. Chris Terry and Matt Puempel have been better players. Rasmussen too.

Svech's 4-5-9 -7 in 16 games isn't all that different from Zadina's 7-6-13 -9 in 20 games, considering Svech has gotten more PP time.

Zadina has 9 points in 11 AHL games since the start of November and Svech has 4 in 12

they're clearly trending in very different directions

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Wait Zadina, one of our top two prospects is on Yzerman's direct radar? Really? Yzerman watches Griffins games? Are you sure about that?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't want Zadina anywhere near Nielsen. Personally, I'd prefer having him in GR than in the NHL playing with washed up vets. It really makes no sense at all to play Zadina with Nielsen. I can't think of a single reason that makes sense to have Nielsen as Zadina's centerman.
This. Any line without NielS(h)e(aha)n. Dude can't score, he would not even sniff the ice on any other team.

AA-Flip-Zadina line looked good in the last game for one shift that hey were together, not sure why Blash isn't going with that. If he wants LGD in the top 6 then swap him with Flip.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
that last part is the agenda. You are fabricating a sense of fear to try to get people to soften on their stance and thus give your opinion a little bit of validation.

Yzerman being interested in one of his top 2 prospects development and NHL readiness is not unusual...

That's the info that was posted on Tweeter by HSJ coming directly from the Blashill's mouth. I haven't heard anything about Yzerman making trips to GR to exclusively evaluate Svechnikov or Rasmussen's game.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
That's the info that was posted on Tweeter by HSJ coming directly from the Blashill's mouth. I haven't heard anything about Yzerman making trips to GR to exclusively evaluate Svechnikov or Rasmussen's game.

Yes, the part about him going to watch is. And then you continued to say (paraphrasing) “Zadina is clearly on Yzerman’s radar, and I’m not sure that is a good thing.” You did this after insinuating that he might be traded, based on an unsubstantiated theory put out there by Pierre McGuire. That, plus your evaluation of Zadina leads people to assume you have a narrative you are pushing.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yes, the part about him going to watch is. And then you continued to say (paraphrasing) “Zadina is clearly on Yzerman’s radar, and I’m not sure that is a good thing.” You did this after insinuating that he might be traded, based on an unsubstantiated theory put out there by Pierre McGuire. That, plus your evaluation of Zadina leads people to assume you have a narrative you are pushing.

Your "paraphrasing" sucks like your inability to comprehend my message all along since day freaking one. I can't make it anymore clear for you without using coloring Crayons in your favorite colors to draw stickmen figures.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Your "paraphrasing" sucks like your inability to comprehend my message all along since day freaking one. I can't make it anymore clear for you without using coloring Crayons in your favorite colors to draw stickmen figures.

Would you please try? I’d love to see things as you see them in your head.

Your exact quote can be seen below. Tell me where my paraphrasing was wrong.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Idk what your agenda is but you have a pretty clear narrative you're trying to justify. Why? Idk.

Look how full of yourself you were:
And again, Zadina has done nothing... just as I originally predicted. Now he's getting sent back down where he belongs.
Look who was right:
You'll be wrong in a couple days.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Zadina has 9 points in 11 AHL games since the start of November and Svech has 4 in 12

they're clearly trending in very different directions

RIght. Svech has been called up to the NHL and when he went down he's been hurt twice. Might have something to do with it.

Anyway - short-term trends are short-term trends.

My concern is bigger than an 11-game AHL stint.

My concern is Svech has done shit in the AHL since he was 19/20. He's 22/23 now. 2/3rds of a season away from waivers.

He's got size. Works the boards. He can be a net-front presence. And his development is getting nowhere in the AHL.

I guess the plan is just to let him languish down there. And then waive him next October?
Or are we imaginging there are going to be spots for Svech, Zadina, Hirose, Ras etc next season? As well as Erne/Perlini/Fabbri etc.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
More and more this looks like Yzerplan at Tampa. He did bring more seasoned guys first on the NHL. Made his trade-show with them. Some shined (like Fabbri, traded Conacher for Bishop etc.), some were busts, dumped later on the trashcan. Finally after the show, promoted some prospect, or splitted their duties, with a patience.

But in a big picture, it was "Kids on the farm". And started pulling those kids (from his own drafts) up in NHL not until 2,5 seasons as a GM. Half-season Lockout delayed it a bit too. Traded mostly guys drafted by management people before him. Only Stamkos and Hedman stayed.

Really these callups and downs mean nothing, when looking that Yzerman's past.

Only thing I see, ist that players who are producing at AHL, are called up. Players who are not producing, are not called up. That's the only thing you see.

Svechnikov produced at season start, he did get his chance.
Givani Smith had 2+2 points early on, he got his callup.
Zadina started producing great 15 games ago, he got his callup.

When all are sent down, is just because injured player comes back. They are never projected to be up long-term, if don't start scoring like Fabbri did, point per game.

Decisions on defence look also be a mystery. Guys come and go.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Would you please try? I’d love to see things as you see them in your head.

Your exact quote can be seen below. Tell me where my paraphrasing was wrong.

In summary

- I don't think he's going to bust
- he's talented
- he still needs work
- he's not showing anything in the NHL level yet
- he's a fraction of second slow, his shot is good not great, he's not winning battles -strength
- he's starting to show some confidence in the AHL
- his development in the AHL looks promising, but still needs work (as most players his age do)
- his trade value isn't worth exploring
- I don't want to trade him
- his bottom is 3rd line scoring winger -- which would a bit disappointing to me
- I want him to be the best he can be and I disagree having him in the NHL at this time
- This team is pure dog shit - why expose him to that

And when attacked, I point out he really hasn't done anything note-able this season in the NHL to justify his stay.

Then people talk about how he's getting low end minutes... Henkka made a comprehensive post about Zadina's usage compared to his peers, who you'd say have "better coaching staff"... and Zadina is getting usage on par with his peers.

Then people talk about how Zadina's minutes isn't the issue, but who he's playing with. Of course he's playing with shit players, this team is shit. Why expose him to this shit?

If he's playing low minutes with crap players why have him up? He could be getting top minutes and playing with better lines in GR while he gets stronger, faster smarter and confident.

I think your argument is to give Yzerman the edge on contract negotiations and you're afraid he'll learn bad habits in the AHL. The last thing I am concerned about at this point is contract negotiations. First lets develop him into a real NHL player.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Idk what your agenda is but you have a pretty clear narrative you're trying to justify. Why? Idk.

Look who was right:

Look who was right:

Yes I was wrong. He was brought back up. But I was right he hasn't done anything worthy to be in the NHL right now. Next you'll point to Yzerman saying I am wrong. I now get the sense Zadina's on Yzerman's radar. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
In what world do wingers who don't post ppg at the NHL level or close to it fetch either C's or D's?

We're talking about Zadina, so we're talking potential. And maybe there are GMs out there who see more than others.

But, yeah, you're right. Wingers aren't valued as highly as Cs and D.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
We're talking about Zadina, so we're talking potential. And maybe there are GMs out there who see more than others.

But, yeah, you're right. Wingers aren't valued as highly as Cs and D.

I'm sorry if I came across strongly but I see this so much here on the site it bugs me to no end. Only Hall fetched a second pairing d who busted then. But he has a couple ppg years and a few 70 point season's. If we trade for a top 4 d or better it's gonna cost more than we can bear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad