Injury Report: Zadina out 2-3 Weeks

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
AA has been worse than Zadina this season by a fair margin.
I Only watching weekend games and I don't remember Zadina wins one on one . Playing with Larkin and Bert helps a lot. Zadina trying hard , and he has skills, but he needs to get much, much stronger to be effective

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I Only watching weekend games and I don't remember Zadina wins one on one . Playing with Larkin and Bert helps a lot. Zadina trying hard , and he has skills, but he needs to get much, much stronger to be effective

So far Zadina has more goals than AA in less games, and is only 4 points behind him with 8 less games played and playing a minute and a half less per game.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
So far Zadina has more goals than AA in less games, and is only 4 points behind him with 8 less games played and playing a minute and a half less per game.

And seems to be solid in his own zone while back checking like a mad dog.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
May this continued misfortune serve as a sacrifice to appease the lottery beast, and may the Wings of Red be handsomely rewarded when the cards turneth over.

AKA, all this stinks now, but if there was ever a season where Detroit was due for some GOOD luck in the draft lottery, this is it.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

2xJack

Apr 19, 2019
Is there a silver lining to Zadina missing the AHL playoffs (assuming GR makes it, which is very dicey)? Might he be selected for the Czech WC squad? I'd personally rather see prospects play at the WC over AHL playoffs.

Reactions: Hughes Hefner

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Is there a silver lining to Zadina missing the AHL playoffs (assuming GR makes it, which is very dicey)? Might he be selected for the Czech WC squad? I'd personally rather see prospects play at the WC over AHL playoffs.

I guess it will give him more time to hit the gym.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yea, he gets paid NHL salary while on IR.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Can Gagner still play C?
Fabbri-Gagner-Zadina as a 2nd line might have more offense than w/Flip.
Helm-Flip-Timashov
Erne-LGD-Nielsen

Ehn-GR
Perlini-pressbox
Abby-pressbox

Gagner has looked serviceable and brings more offense than Neilsen. I wouldn't mind if Yzerman finds a way to convince him to stay with this dumpster fire.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Gagner has looked serviceable and brings more offense than Neilsen. I wouldn't mind if Yzerman finds a way to convince him to stay with this dumpster fire.

The fact that he shoots right helps his case. In the limited sample size so far, he looks like he's at least still an NHL player. The same can't be said for some of the other forwards on the team. I'd expect Gagner back on a 2 year deal with a nice low cap hit. Something like 2 years, at 1.5 per year seems fair.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would be interesting to have Zadina back. And to see all Rasmussen, Smith and Svechnikov up at same time.

Just imagine this offence:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Filppula - Gagner
Timashov - Rasmussen - Zadina
Smith - Glendening - Svechnikov

Like a new team. Seider also up for last 9 games and bench Biega.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Would be interesting to have Zadina back. And to see all Rasmussen, Smith and Svechnikov up at same time.

Just imagine this offence:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Filppula - Gagner
Timashov - Rasmussen - Zadina

Like a new team. Seider also up for last 9 games and bench Biega.
I think Mantha and zadina looked good together. With the players you’re suggesting, I’d go,

bertuzzi - larkin - Fabbri
Mantha - Filppula - zadina
Timashov - rass - Gagner

I’d also be fine with flipping the top six wings.

Mantha - larkin - zadina
Bertuzzi- Filppula - Fabbri

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Seider this year unfortunately. Unless he gets healthy and GR is out of the playoff picture.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I think the idea is to actually HELP the griffins.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->