Recalled/Assigned: Zadina, Lashoff, and Pickard Sent Down to AHL (12/23)

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
A paper transaction means that the player never physically had to go anywhere, and surely he would have known the difference. He even said in an interview that he only went to GR during that time to go to his apartment.
I think Ricky meant the paycheck. Are you only paid after games, or every day you're on the active roster? If it was for the active roster, regardless if he physically leaves Detroit, that's a solid chunk of change to miss out on.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I wouldn't be so sure this was a paper transaction - even though Mickey said as much during the recent broadcast.
The team sent him down when they were thinking Mantha might only be out a week. Once they learned the extent of Mantha's injury, he was called up.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I wouldn't be so sure this was a paper transaction - even though Mickey said as much during the recent broadcast.
The team sent him down when they were thinking Mantha might only be out a week. Once they learned the extent of Mantha's injury, he was called up.

Except for the fact the 3 same players were sent down and called back up together.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

It was definitely a paper transaction, as those 3 sent down weren't replaced by anyone which would have left the Wings short on players on the main roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->