Proposal: zadina for broberg

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
OP I'm not sure Stevie is racing to do another Drouin deal anytime soon. It's not like Detroit is crawling with top 6 Ws to the point of being able to swap them. Sure Zadina's counting stats haven't been too great the past two years but he was flashing high end talent night in and night out this past season. He was playing with glorified 4th liners but he showed that he is more than a pair of hands out there; Zadina has a very high hockey IQ and is a fantastic passer and capable on the back check. If he can add another step to his game he will flip the narrative on him completely.

Reactions: BStinson

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
OP I'm not sure Stevie is racing to do another Drouin deal anytime soon. It's not like Detroit is crawling with top 6 Ws to the point of being able to swap them. Sure Zadina's counting stats haven't been too great the past two years but he was flashing high end talent night in and night out this past season. He was playing with glorified 4th liners but he showed that he is more than a pair of hands out there; Zadina has a very high hockey IQ and is a fantastic passer and capable on the back check. If he can add another step to his game he will flip the narrative on him completely.
im not down on zadina . but its more difficult to get top dmen than it is top wingers . and at the core of my design philosophy is building a strong defense as first priority . next is centers . wingers 3rd . and additionally i like long reached dmen that can skate because they can get north n south all 200' at pace , and the long reach makes them more able in own end when opponant has puck . and im not saying ide make this trade as ive only seen scouting vids of broberg plus his jr tourney games , im just having fun speculating about ways the red wings can be rebuilt

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
5hbn.gif
5gJW.gif
42DC.gif

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Detroit had Seider ranked highly enough that they were unwilling to trade down and, "Settle", for Broberg because they knew that someone else (Read between the lines here: Holland) would take Seider.

So highly unlikely that your first scenario is at all the case.

Right, so you've established that they liked Seider more than Broberg a year ago.

That doesn't say anything about how they would rank Broberg relative to Zadina or whether they like Broberg more now than they did Broberg a year ago.

I'm not trying to tell you that Detroit likes Broberg, I'm trying to tell you that "They would have taken him if they liked him" is nonsense.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would absolutely not do this deal if im Detroit. Wouldnt even think about it, Zadina is a much better prospect.

Zadina really came on last year, the raw skill is obvious. Detroit can pick a much better d prospect than Broberg at 4 in Drysdale or Sanderson, the deal just doesnt make sense for them.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
my main reason is this draft at 4OA theres several excellent forward / winger prospects that could replace zadina . mean while detroit has no left handed top rated d prospects . i dont know enough about broberg to say ide do this , im just throwing around ideas to get my nhl kicks

You don't have anything to replace that isn't already there. He hasn't even made it yet and somehow someone new is ready to replace him. This fake HF thing of being overloaded because of prospects doesn't exist. Many will fail and if you trade one prospect for another before they get a chance to make it, is how you keep your prospect cupboard empty. We need to be adding to our prospects not evening out or subtracting them. Whoever we get at 4 is likely similar to Zadina level in worth so keep them both.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
I wouldn’t do this trade if I were the Oilers.
Prospects like Broberg are worth more than top 6 winger prospects. It also looks like Broberg will have an immediate impact next season compared to Zadina who’s still lacking consistency to be a full time NHL’er.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I wouldn’t do this trade if I were the Oilers.
Prospects like Broberg are worth more than top 6 winger prospects. It also looks like Broberg will have an immediate impact next season compared to Zadina who’s still lacking consistency to be a full time NHL’er.

I wouldn't do this as an Oilers fan, but.... what?

Broberg's playing in the SHL, he won't come over to the NHL next season. Even without that, he isn't NHL ready.

Zadina played at a 40+ point pace last year in the NHL. He's much more NHL ready than Broberg is.[/QUOTE]

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I would consider it if there was a sweetener since Zadina has not lived up to expectations.

Broberg and Neal for Zadina
I think Stevie Y takes his chances considering they are rebuilding and can take on other contracts without subtracting from the prospect pool

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Why not? That Drouin deal worked out incredibly well for him.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
This would be an interesting thread to look back on in a couple years.

I wouldn't do it if I was Detroit.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What would the inverse of this be, just for the sake of argument/perspective - Yamamoto for Seider? Does either side do that?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
McDavid + Draisaitl + Zadina would be money.

Stevie Y then has some solid defense to work with for a core in Seider, Broberg and Hronek. Then he can add one of Drysdale or Sanderson come draft day. Defense solved. Or Stevie Y can find a gem on offense in the draft to replace Zadina.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I would consider it if there was a sweetener since Zadina has not lived up to expectations.

Broberg and Neal for Zadina

You should also consider watching Zadina play, because you clearly haven't done it lately.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
heres another point : zadinas ready next season to be a big contributer and get the oil rolling into playoffs where as broberg isnt . mcdavid or drys would be ecstatic to get zadina on their line
I wouldn't be so sure about Broberg not being ready. He has progressed quicker than expected. He could well make his way onto the Oilers roster for the next season, especially if the start of the season is delayed further than expected.

Reactions: lakai17

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don’t think it’s a bad proposal but that’s just me. Seems pretty fair maybe a small add like a B prospect or a mid round pick from Detroit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad