Proposal: zadina for broberg

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Why you put this proposal... If Detroit really wanted Broberg they would take him at 2018 draft

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Oops my bad Broberg have drafted at 2019 draft, but why Detroit would do that

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe because Zadina hasn't been as good as expected so far? Not terrible, but he was supposed to be a pretty sure thing top 6 forward with 1st line upside. He still might achieve that, but ...

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
my main reason is this draft at 4OA theres several excellent forward / winger prospects that could replace zadina . mean while detroit has no left handed top rated d prospects . i dont know enough about broberg to say ide do this , im just throwing around ideas to get my nhl kicks

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I haven’t followed Zadina’s development (his “numbers” look good) but Broberg has developed even better than expected and he had a great pre-bubble camp and early reports from Sweden are very positive. He might even be a 20 year old NHL defenseman, which is very rare.

The Oilers haven’t had a true #1D since Pronger left... and we only had him for one season. Not sure I could give up the possibility for Zadina.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why you put this proposal... If Detroit really wanted Broberg they would take him at 2018 draft
That would be like the Celtics took Larry Bird in the 1977 draft when people thought he wasn't eligible until the 1978 draft.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Oilers don’t do it, Broberg plays the more important position and has higher upside. He also looks like he might be absolutely breaking out now.
its not like zadina doesnt have huge upside . hes very smart - a very good passer - good edges to make his own space with - accurate quick shot , and he hustles with a good attitude . imo very feasible that he could play 1st line . and a big reason for his slow start is that in both grand rapids and detroit hes had zero dman talent to help him generate chances in the o zone . im not down on zadina , but were low on left handed dmen with our two best d in seider and hronek being rightys . and theres not really a left handed dman at 4OA besides sanderson whose seen as a reach by most that early . and from edmontons point of veiw ide say they really want a sniper like zadina to play with one of their big guns and create a potent line

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The Oilers project Broberg to be a top LHD. Holland drafted him. I highly doubt they trade him for a winger, even a great prospect like Zadina.
Exactly. So far this year he seems to really be coming around. Although he’s not as “safe” of a prospect as Bouchard, his potential is seen as a lot higher. Together Bro/Bouch are the future our blueline along with Bear.

Reactions: TFHockey

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Oilers don’t do it, Broberg plays the more important position and has higher upside. He also looks like he might be absolutely breaking out now.

I don’t think Detroit does it either. We absolutely jumped on Z when he fell and I have to think as much as some have labeled him a bust that he’ll develop properly over time

One of the rare trade proposals where it really doesn’t seem like a good fit for either team

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Good proposal.

I think the Oilers say no just because Broberg is showing #1D upside. But it's mighty tempting for them given that Zadina would fill more of an immediate need. It would take years for Broberg to surpass Nurse and Klefbom. I'm guessing Zadina could step in and score ~60 points for the Oilers this coming year.

Reactions: 780il

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
There is no reason for Detroit to trade Zadina. We can fill the whole at LD with either Sanderson this draft of one of the dmen in the defense heavy 2021 draft.

Reactions: bert

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Maybe because Zadina hasn't been as good as expected so far? Not terrible, but he was supposed to be a pretty sure thing top 6 forward with 1st line upside. He still might achieve that, but ...

This post screams, "I haven't watched Zadina play."

To the OP, if Detroit wanted Broberg, they would've taken Broberg.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
To the OP, if Detroit wanted Broberg, they would've taken Broberg.

Yeah that doesn't follow at all. I don't know why people keep saying it.

Could very well be that

1) Detroit liked multiple players at their draft position, and had Seider slightly ahead of Broberg.

2) Detroit recognizes that Broberg is a better prospect than people thought a year ago.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah that doesn't follow at all. I don't know why people keep saying it.

Could very well be that

1) Detroit liked multiple players at their draft position, and had Seider slightly ahead of Broberg.

2) Detroit recognizes that Broberg is a better prospect than people thought a year ago.

Detroit had Seider ranked highly enough that they were unwilling to trade down and, "Settle", for Broberg because they knew that someone else (Read between the lines here: Holland) would take Seider.

So highly unlikely that your first scenario is at all the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad