Ansar Khan: Zadina and Veleno to be loaned to Czech league?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Why should Zadina go? He's already shown near Top6, .54 ppg ability = 44pts/82gp. He played a small sample size & I wouldn't mind he & Joe V. getting TOI together, but doesn't Zadina develop better in the NHL now?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Why should Zadina go? He's already shown near Top6, .54 ppg ability = 44pts/82gp. He played a small sample size & I wouldn't mind he & Joe V. getting TOI together, but doesn't Zadina develop better in the NHL now?

Sounds like both would have an opt out to return to the NHL this season. If so, it makes sense. Zadina is probably already living in the CR. Why not get meaningful games in from October - December?

Reactions: hkydave04

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Will the Red Wings be playing in the NHL within the next several months?

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Reps, mane.

Boys gotta play organized hockey somewhere. This is just where we're at today.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Reps, mane.

Boys gotta play organized hockey somewhere. This is just where we're at today.
I posted it after I read the Tweet (it didn't open at 1st). As long as their outclause is good, we're gold. They'll get to form some chemistry on a work "intl. field trip". Our future primary/secondary scoring relies on these 2. D rests on Seider & Hronek so far.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I like it. Give as many of the young guys as we can some development ice time... The extra games won't hurt and can only help get both closer to permanent spots on the big club, although Zadina might already be approaching that status.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
When is this not an option? Beyond the ELC?

Not 100% sure, but if it is ELC, here are all the guys who are still on ELC

- Hronek (also back to Czechs ?)
- Zadina (Czech Rep.)
- Veleno (Czech Rep.)
- Rasmussen
- Smith
- Pearson
- Seider (back to Germany ?)
- Lindström (back to Sweden ?)
- Bromé (back to Sweden ?)
- Cholowski
- McIsaac (also to Czechs ? wasn't he Zadina's teammate at Halifax ?
- Johansson (stays in Sweden? loaned anyways back, I think)

All could be sent elsewhere. And Svechnikov to KHL as RFA.

That would leave a non-playing team on NHL side like:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Timashof - Filppula - Fabbri
Hirose - Glendening - Helm
Ehn - Turgeon - Erne
(Abdelkader, Nielsen)

Nemeth - Biega
Hicketts - McIlrath
Lashoff - Wood

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not 100% sure, but if it is ELC, here are all the guys who are still on ELC

- Hronek (also back to Czechs ?)
- Zadina (Czech Rep.)
- Veleno (Czech Rep.)
- Rasmussen
- Smith
- Pearson
- Seider (back to Germany ?)
- Lindström (back to Sweden ?)
- Bromé (back to Sweden ?)
- Cholowski
- McIsaac (also to Czechs ? wasn't he Zadina's teammate at Halifax ?
- Johansson (stays in Sweden? loaned anyways back, I think)

All could be sent elsewhere. And Svechnikov to KHL as RFA.

That would leave a non-playing team on NHL side like:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Timashof - Filppula - Fabbri
Hirose - Glendening - Helm
Ehn - Turgeon - Erne
(Abdelkader, Nielsen)

Nemeth - Biega
Hicketts - McIlrath
Lashoff - Wood

I could see a guy like Hirose having his game benefit from playing somewhere like Switzerland, the DEL or SHL. I'd like to see him in one of those leagues. Same thing with Pearson. His game was coming on really strong in the second half and he was consistently a top forward 3 or 4 performing forward on any given night for GR during a 20 game stretch. He's pretty much bumped Turgeon down the depth chart at this point.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I could see a guy like Hirose having his game benefit from playing somewhere like Switzerland, the DEL or SHL. I'd like to see him in one of those leagues. Same thing with Pearson. His game was coming on really strong in the second half and he was consistently a top forward 3 or 4 performing forward on any given night for GR during a 20 game stretch. He's pretty much bumped Turgeon down the depth chart at this point.

Yeah, like to see both Hirose and Pearson on my Finnish favourite Team. Would need a great 2-way physical center like Pearson on top lines and left-handed PP playmaker (Hirose) would be nice for PP, where's already multiple righties, almost too many.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think we need to slow the roll on all these kids going to Europe to play. These teams have their own players, and there's going to be limited opportunities. Zadina is a no-brainer, and the Wings trying to get Veleno over there with him is probably their #1 item on the wish list beyond it (and using Zadina and his father as a bargaining chip will help). For a player like Svech or Hirose to pull it off, you probably are talking about that player abandoning their North American hockey dreams to play in Europe. More of a permanent change.

Just be thankful we might be able to get these two guys playing competitive games in October. Also makes me wonder exactly how close they feel Veleno is to being ready.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Really making me feel like they see Valeno as a 2c. They’ve had him pinned to zadina since the prospects tournament. They Even have him going to the czech league with zadina. Makes me think they envision them together in the nhl. Which would be the 2nd line.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Really making me feel like they see Valeno as a 2c. They’ve had him pinned to zadina since the prospects tournament. They Even have him going to the czech league with zadina. Makes me think they envision them together in the nhl. Which would be the 2nd line.

Not to mention he was Lafrenierre's center at the WJC to provide a solid defensive presence. Like I said in other threads, I think he could be a good 2C who provides the line's defensive conscience with a line-driving winger like Zadina.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

And add Perfetti there. :)

Reactions: NickH8

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Lucky for Veleno.

Instead of living in Grand Rapids, Michigan, he may move to Prague, where he can bang hot Czech girls, while drinking high quality beer and visiting famous spas.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad