Zaddy Zads April Mock Draft

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That's not at all what I meant but it helps having a guy you know more intimately when you're making your draft selection. You can't really afford to make a mistake with a top pick so any additional information you might have on a kid obviously helps. And in my mind Tkachuk is nothing to sneeze at, he's still ranked top5 on most lists and a terrific prospect in his own right. Having spent an entire season on a line with Marner and produced big time probably doesn't hurt either...
It can help to have personal knowledge of the guys available to draft, no doubt. But, I do think the London thing is overstated. Leafs took a grand total of 1 London Knight last draft out of 9 picks. Hunter doesn't care where these guys are coming from.

I just don't think the Leafs scouting staff is afraid to take risks. They took them throughout the last draft.

In the end not that big on the Tkachuk option at 4 myself. It's certainly a plausible selection so I think it's fine to have there. I'd just prefer the Leafs to look at Chychrun or Dubois instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad