zack stortini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1chlfan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Living in Toronto I've seen Stortini play many times over his junior career. He is quite tough when it comes to the fighting. I don't know if hes NHL heavyweight tough but hes done well in the fights in junior i've seen him in. The problem with Stortini is hes dumb. Like bag of bricks dumb. So unless he is going to be in Edmonton soley to fight, i don't see much chance of him being and NHL player.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
ive seen this kid play on numerous occations and I do not think he will ever play a game in the NHL. He wasn't even a good player in the OHL let alone the AHL or the NHL.

However I will give credit where credit is due... He can fight, althought not the toughest in the OHL throughout his years he was definately up there and with his size he will only get tougher.

Maybe Zack can sign up for that hockey gladiators thing in the summer and make some dough, because I do not see him making much money as a pro hockey player.

just my opinion!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
ive seen this kid play on numerous occations and I do not think he will ever play a game in the NHL. He wasn't even a good player in the OHL let alone the AHL or the NHL.

However I will give credit where credit is due... He can fight, althought not the toughest in the OHL throughout his years he was definately up there and with his size he will only get tougher.

Maybe Zack can sign up for that hockey gladiators thing in the summer and make some dough, because I do not see him making much money as a pro hockey player.

just my opinion!

If he was a better skater than Stortini would be a very interesting prospect. On top of being good with the fists, he's an extremely aggressive physical player. He's just quick enough to dish out punishment at the junior level, but unless he really improves his skating, I don't see him being fast enough to close on the puck and finnish hits effectively at the NHL level (I wouldn't say pros). He would benefit from playing a little more discipline, but he isn't that bad a player in and around the net and down low. Legit NHL enforcer prospect.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Boomhower said:
If he was a better skater than Stortini would be a very interesting prospect. On top of being good with the fists, he's an extremely aggressive physical player. He's just quick enough to dish out punishment at the junior level, but unless he really improves his skating, I don't see him being fast enough to close on the puck and finnish hits effectively at the NHL level (I wouldn't say pros). He would benefit from playing a little more discipline, but he isn't that bad a player in and around the net and down low. Legit NHL enforcer prospect.

Yeah it's definitely tough to be a high energy NHL player when you aren't a great skater.

I think that Stortini definitely has a good shot at making the NHL in a few different roles. If he improves his skating a bit, I could see him filling more then just a standard enforcer role, but more along the lines of a Sean Avery energy guy on the third line. His goal output improved nicely this year to go with the other intangibles he brings to the ice. He also happens to be a tremendous leader. So he does have many things going for him.

However if his skating becomes his downfall, then he's probably destined as just another NHL enforcer. All be it, one of the better enforcers in the league, but still an enforcer.

For what its worth, the Oilers fans claim that Stortini was incredibly impressive in his short stint with the Roadrunners at seasons end.

Just_a_girl

Jul 27, 2004
Clarkston, MI
Stortini is working hard to improve his skating. He is constantly trying to improve as a hockey player and I think that's something you have to admire. He's got the determination and he might just make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad