Movies: Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cut of Justice League drops March 18th 2021

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Well, at least the theatrical cut set a very low bar. I don't expect much but it will be interesting to see what he can scrape together.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It still blows my mind that they put Batman, Wonder Woman AND Superman in a movie together while also introducing Aquaman, the Flash and the Martian Manhunter (and Steppenwolf) and tried to keep it to exactly 120 minutes in running time.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the "Avengers" concept only works because the gimmick is that you already know all or most of these characters from their own films, so you don't need any real introductions to who they are and don't have to cram in their origins along the way.

DC tried this before with the later Batman movies, where they tried to introduce Robin, the Riddler and Two-Face and then Batgirl, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy all at once.

I don't actually have a problem with the casting of the DC heroes, I just think they didn't get enough screen time and so all of the gravitas of the Justice League being assembled is completely lost.

I'll definitely watch this - it can only improve on the turd that was the original release.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've often wondered how much a movie could be ruined or saved mostly in the editing room. I'm sort of curious, and I'm not a fan of these movies and haven't seen the first cut.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Oh boy, getting my popcorn ready to see the internet react to this.

Genius move by them, they'll get a ton of subscriptions, just for the curiosity of seeing this.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How much better is it really going to be though? There’s still too many new characters we know nothing about and there’s still the lame cartoon villain trying to get the shiny orb thing.

DC rushed it. They wanted the success before the work and this is the bed they made for themselves.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It still blows my mind that they put Batman, Wonder Woman AND Superman in a movie together while also introducing Aquaman, the Flash and the Martian Manhunter (and Steppenwolf) and tried to keep it to exactly 120 minutes in running time.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the "Avengers" concept only works because the gimmick is that you already know all or most of these characters from their own films, so you don't need any real introductions to who they are and don't have to cram in their origins along the way.

DC tried this before with the later Batman movies, where they tried to introduce Robin, the Riddler and Two-Face and then Batgirl, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy all at once.

I don't actually have a problem with the casting of the DC heroes, I just think they didn't get enough screen time and so all of the gravitas of the Justice League being assembled is completely lost.

I'll definitely watch this - it can only improve on the turd that was the original release.

Either I totally missed him in the movie or you mean maybe Cyborg?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't know how much of this is going to save the movie. The problem is with the portrayals of the characters themselves. Most of them other than Wonder Woman suck and I don't even hate Canvill as Superman.

Batman was too soon after Nolan's trilogy, Aquaman feels nothing like the classic character, we don't know Cyborg enough (although his dad has to stay away from tech same actor who caused Skynet lol), and The Flash TV show has definitely jumped the shark but Gustin is the established Flash, no one cares about Miller.

Sep 19, 2008
Zack Snyder has revealed a new version of Jared Leto’s Joker

BB1dxFSB.img

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad