Value of: Zack Smith

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Which teams do you feel would qualify that description? They would really have to love him to take on that much term on a depth guy, and I doubt they'd give up much to get him.

No idea, but if I was a little light in the 3C department and felt I could make a run, I'd look at sending an equally paid player back for him if it's possible. I doubt he moves for just a pick as there's money and term on there.

Or even better, I needed a 4C or third line winger, I'd look at him too, because as we all know there are tons of injuries in the playoffs and a guy like Smith can be quite valuable.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
No idea, but if I was a little light in the 3C department and felt I could make a run, I'd look at sending an equally paid player back for him if it's possible. I doubt he moves for just a pick as there's money and term on there.

Or even better, I needed a 4C or third line winger, I'd look at him too, because as we all know there are tons of injuries in the playoffs and a guy like Smith can be quite valuable.

Every team has guys and prospects who can fill that role and aren't on a huge deal. Which is why I was looking for a specific team that people think fits because I can't think of any.

Now if we are talking bad contract for bad contract that is a different story.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Teams I could see having interest in Smith:
- Carolina
- Vancouver
- Dallas
- St. Louis
- Edmonton
- Boston

All have plenty of cap and all could use some depth/grit at forward

Every team has guys and prospects who can fill that role and aren't on a huge deal. Which is why I was looking for a specific team that people think fits because I can't think of any.

Smith scored 41 goals over a two-season period in the seasons before this most recent one. He struggled with injury and inconsistency this year, but if a team thinks they can get 15 goals out of him, that's valuable. If people think he is a 4th liner, the return will be marginal. But I think someone out there probably still sees top 9 upside in him. 3.25 mil isn't too steep in that case. I don't expect a ton in return but I don't think the Sens would need to take on a bad contract to move him.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

I don't buy that for a second. Smith is a good playoff warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->