Value of: Zack Smith

crazyroyal12

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
What would your team offer for Senators forward Zack Smith? Smith is 2 years out from a 25 goal season and is still a great energy forward who has a nose for the net. He is making 3.25 million for the next 3 seasons.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh its not the time for us to be marketing any of our players right now, so we need to stop posting trade rumors

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd offer a mid round pick for him. 4th and a prospect or a 3rd. Would love to put him at 3C so that RNH can play on McDavids wing. Still think theres a lot of depth to Smith's game

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Melnyk is your owner, are you sure about that?
Meh ,he is also the one that has in the past paid for players that can help him make money
....ZSmith had some injury issues last season ,shoulder mostly...But in general he is a solid gritty forward that can help most teams including ours

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Melnyk is your owner, are you sure about that?

If we trade Karlsson + Ryan, we'll be under the cap floor even after signing Ceci + Stone.

Karlsson, Ryan and Smith would be 17mil out and bring us down to 42mil (before signing Stone and Ceci).

I could see us trading Smith but I bet that it's far from a priority.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If we trade Karlsson + Ryan, we'll be under the cap floor even after signing Ceci + Stone.

Karlsson, Ryan and Smith would be 17mil out and bring us down to 42mil (before signing Stone and Ceci).

you know u have issues when ur problem is to be just above the bottom of salary cap

what a garbage owner

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Your owner strikes me as somebody who has spending as little as possible on the team as priority right now

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Your owner strikes me as somebody who has spending as little as possible on the team as priority right now
He also needs to make money and drive up fan interest on the team...Hense this huge fire sale were a supposed to having may actually not happen to as much a degree as many are guessing it might

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
You offer Ottawa a 4th or 5th round pick and maybe a prospect for Zack Smith...Good team to consider is the Blue Jackets....Zack Smith for a 4th round pick and Milano?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think we trade him for an equal cap hit D-man. We need a decent D-man - like a Smith, but on D.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh ,moving Zsmith ranks pretty low on the to do list....If he is healthy ,which most sens know he wasnt last season...He is still a great bottom 6 player,that plays both wing and center effectively..Can PK and brings some grit,and likely can score 10 to 15 goals

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Pretty little, there aren't a lot of teams with a big need for a guy like that, and the ones that have it will probably be going after R. Nash(the good one) in free agency

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Pretty little, there aren't a lot of teams with a big need for a guy like that, and the ones that have it will probably be going after R. Nash(the good one) in free agency

I think you'll find teams that fancy themselves contenders would want Smith.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think you'll find teams that fancy themselves contenders would want Smith.

Which teams do you feel would qualify that description? They would really have to love him to take on that much term on a depth guy, and I doubt they'd give up much to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad