Injury Report: Zack Smith Out 3 Weeks - Dislocated Thumb

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
What's with this organization and hand injuries?

Andy - trying to make lunch
Bobby - don't even need to explain it
Methot - didn't he have a hand injury too?

And I'm sure I'm missing a ton of others. Didn't Boro hurt his hand in a fight and sat out?

Think we should start plating their bones with iron plates and screws now.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't think he was over his last injury. Hopefully he gets over both now.

At least Ryan is coming back soon.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Just before he got his last deal I don't think too many of us wanted to lose Smith. He had a very good season last year but a tough time scoring goals since the spring. This year he's our worse minus player even with 6 assists he's a -7. Someone will move up in the lineup until Ryan comes back. They'll miss his ruggedness but hopefully Paul can add some of that.

It's not pleasant but here's hoping this provides a reset for Smith when he returns.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Guess both Paul and Harpur are going to be in today. Didomenico and Rodewald at eprobably sighing a little bit :P

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
When Smith is on, he is fully engaged, and contributing at both ends. When he is off, he is an overpriced role player.

Last time he got a contract extension, it took him a full season before he actually looked effective. Definitely an NHL player, but the team can really use a consistent top-9 forward for that money. Wondering out loud if Smitty will be here long term, he is a veteran NHLer and a big body who has trade value.

Reactions: Hutz

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I suggest we hold a group sacrifice ceremony at the CTC when the team comes back. Every Sens fan bring a knife, and we will cut off a thumb, a finger or a hand to appease the hockey gods who clearly have a thing for Ottawa digits. Who's with me?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I suggest we hold a group sacrifice ceremony at the CTC when the team comes back. Every Sens fan bring a knife, and we will cut off a thumb, a finger or a hand to appease the hockey gods who clearly have a thing for Ottawa digits. Who's with me?
The only digits I want to see removed are the extra ones on my tax bills, hydro, gas and city water/sewer charges.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This is great news. With Smith out, Boucher can't play him with Duchene. This could be like when Neil and Smith got hurt under Cameron and he was forced to play good players instead.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Thankfully our GM planned for such injuries, by adding extra players going into the Playoffs last year! :cool:

I assume you say this in jest, but for what it's worth, those injury replacements went a pretty long way. Not sure anyone loves Burrows' contract, but seems like Stalberg decided he wanted to play in Europe, rather than the Sens deciding they didn't want him. Grain of salt necessary, but PD certainly suggested that Stalberg was in the plans as late as July.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I assume you say this in jest, but for what it's worth, those injury replacements went a pretty long way. Not sure anyone loves Burrows' contract, but seems like Stalberg decided he wanted to play in Europe, rather than the Sens deciding they didn't want him. Grain of salt necessary, but PD certainly suggested that Stalberg was in the plans as late as July.

I think having depth is huge for a playoff run. I think that was the reason they signed Oduya. Depth. We are very deep at D. Decently deep at forward. Teams need depth to win. Pittsburgh had a lot of D that were ready to play in the playoffs when Letang and others got injured.

I think this year at the deadline instead of depth they go for one top 6 winger. We have the bodies and a decent 4th line. Now we need a little extra talent.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I think having depth is huge for a playoff run. I think that was the reason they signed Oduya. Depth. We are very deep at D. Decently deep at forward. Teams need depth to win. Pittsburgh had a lot of D that were ready to play in the playoffs when Letang and others got injured.

I think this year at the deadline instead of depth they go for one top 6 winger. We have the bodies and a decent 4th line. Now we need a little extra talent.

I feel ya, I still think we need another top-4 dman too. That said, those two things would make us 2nd tier contenders (behind only Tampa, injury-free they're the class of the league now, imo)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad