Zack Smith is wicked

The Fuhr*

I started to really like his game last season, the way he played a physical game with his defense... Being able to chip in offense, seen a lot of positives.

Yesterday 1st game of the season and he was in mid season form... Dude has such a high hockey IQ... He is so smart positionally he was behind a bunch of turnovers.... Whenever he had the puck in the offensive zone he drove to the net... Physical too

He has the game that will make him my favourite Sen... As this team injects forward offensive skill like Stone, Norson, Da Costa, etc more offensive skilled players will be able to play with him... I think he can become a consistent 20G 35-40 point guy... Anchor the PK too

4 year extension he got was smart... Elite third liner... Type of guy who is instrumental in playoff success.

I ordered a Sens Jersey with his name. He's wicked

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Our 3rd and 4th line were insane yesterday at keeping the puck cycling in the offensive zone.

Pretty impressed so far

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I wasn't that impressed to be honest. The two plays where he completely forgot to cover the front of the net soured me on him last night.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He has the offensive instincts you wish a lot of guys would have. At times, the Sens play a full dump and chase type of game that never quite works out. Smith changes it up and holds up the puck to get a good opportunity. I appreciated seeing that yesterday.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Glad to see he bounced back from his sub par 2nd half last year, after the blindside hit on the west coast he looked lost at times.

I love Zack!!!

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I think he needed the lockout to rest up, Condra too. Regin needed it for unrelated reasons.

Greening - Smith - Neil could develop into a really good third line.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
When Talbot pushed him through the gate in the playoffs a couple years ago, and he beat his ass for it he became one of my favorite players. That got me so pumped.

General Granny*

DAT LINE IS AMAZING!

And that move by Smith on Postma, should have at least gotten a hooking penalty out of it

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He looks like he switched to a longer stick. That'll bode well for the role he plays. Sorry to say though, as this will be a very unpopular opinion but Greening was bringing that line down and I expect that to continue if he doesn't use his body more.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I started to really like his game last season, the way he played a physical game with his defense... Being able to chip in offense, seen a lot of positives.

Yesterday 1st game of the season and he was in mid season form... Dude has such a high hockey IQ... He is so smart positionally he was behind a bunch of turnovers.... Whenever he had the puck in the offensive zone he drove to the net... Physical too

He has the game that will make him my favourite Sen... As this team injects forward offensive skill like Stone, Norson, Da Costa, etc more offensive skilled players will be able to play with him... I think he can become a consistent 20G 35-40 point guy... Anchor the PK too

4 year extension he got was smart... Elite third liner... Type of guy who is instrumental in playoff success.

I ordered a Sens Jersey with his name. He's wicked

Good to see others starting to give Zack Smith some Kudos & he will only get better.
Dzuirzynski - Z. Smith - Neil/JOB - 4th line

He looks like he switched to a longer stick. That'll bode well for the role he plays. Sorry to say though, as this will be a very unpopular opinion but Greening was bringing that line down and I expect that to continue if he doesn't use his body more.

Wow, I thought Greening was one of our better players yesterday & he did all the hard work to get that puck back to Karlsson who shot it at the net which Neil found & put in. My guess is that he or Regin will eventually replace Latendresse on that 2nd line.

I think once this team gets rid of a few weak links & replaces them with Stone, Grant & DD our bottom two lines will be even better. Bingo had a pretty good 3r line with DD, Grant & Stone to start the season.
Greening - Grant - Stone- 3rd line

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Oh yeah. This team is just a Dziurzynski and possibly a Labrie away from greatness.

General Granny*

Would be more effective on the 4th line than Condra or Daugavins IMO.

The 4th line doesn't have both of those players. Only 1 which is Condra.

Regin- Obrien- Condra

Condra is going to get replaced by one of Hoffman/Stone/ Zibenejad during this season or next.

And DD is at least 2 years away from the big show, Grant, Cowick, Stone, Schneider (He's over 6'0, its ok to like him) are ahead of him, basically all of the bingo forwards are ahead of him of NHL readiness and effectiveness.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Smith is a beauty. He's like Fisher. The perfect third line center with grit, speed, fighting ability, clutch performance, laser of a shot.

He's the type of guy that steps up and performs like a first line center in the playoffs. Does it all in all situations. Let's not forget his torrid start to the season half way last year when he was on pace for 50 points. He cooled off drastically but not in his impact on the game physically and defensively.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wasn't that impressed to be honest. The two plays where he completely forgot to cover the front of the net soured me on him last night.

One of those I assume is the Anderson glove save on Schiefele. On that one Benoit and smith were committed down low and wiercioich was inform but as the puck went to the jet player at the other side wiercioich committed to him leaving 3 below the goal line and no one in front.

Most of his shifts he didn't look like Zack Smith to me. Wasn't that great. Seemed too passive to me.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Smith is a beauty. He's like Fisher. The perfect third line center with grit, speed, fighting ability, clutch performance, laser of a shot.

He's the type of guy that steps up and performs like a first line center in the playoffs. Does it all in all situations. Let's not forget his torrid start to the season half way last year when he was on pace for 50 points. He cooled off drastically but not in his impact on the game physically and defensively.

Let's not go overboard.

Smith is a good 3C right now. Not on Fisher's level yet (I don't think Smith will come close to 50 points, to be honest), but he's definitely got a well rounded skillset for a third liner and is a good depth guy to keep around.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Let's not go overboard.

Smith is a good 3C right now. Not on Fisher's level yet (I don't think Smith will come close to 50 points, to be honest), but he's definitely got a well rounded skillset for a third liner and is a good depth guy to keep around.

I think my post came out a bit too aggressive than what I intended to mean.

When I mean first line player in the playoffs I mean a guy who scores a goal, gets an assist, plays pivotal PK's and is on the ice against the best team's line with great physical presence. Not 4-5 points; I didn't mean it in that context.

The good thing is, with Turris on board, Smith knows his role and doesn't have to concern himself with being the go-to-go to get points and give this team offensive talent if we were lacking a true number 2C. With a straighter mindset, he'd be able to focus on his game and the points will come. I think he'll float around 40 points, remains to be seen if he hits 50 on a career year.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Glad to see he bounced back from his sub par 2nd half last year, after the blindside hit on the west coast he looked lost at times.

I love Zack!!!

I think he needed the lockout to rest up, Condra too. Regin needed it for unrelated reasons.

Greening - Smith - Neil could develop into a really good third line.

Agreed. Smith, Greening & Condra lost a lot of steam last season and I found them to be a disappointment versus the Rangers. Hopefully the lock-out and the shortened season will help them keep up the level of intensity they need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad