Confirmed with Link: Zack Phillips Traded to STL

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not sure if this came up or not, but I believe that the latest CBA interpretation is that junior prospects who have not played in 10 NHL games do not count towards the 50 contract limit (only NHL, AHL, ECHL).

So Carlo can play at the end of the season, it's treated as a PTO, and he doesn't count towards the 50, even if he does have a contract.

https://www.capfriendly.com/faq

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
There is virtually no similarity between Button and Knight. From what I gather, the B's were shocked at how poorly Button had been prepared at the Junior level for the NHL game and he could never make up the gap. Knight was a victim of injury, circumstance, and timing.

Like a lot of junior players, his scoring may not translate over into the NHL, but I'm actually still holding out hope for Knight (I'm dumb like that). Kid has the tools and work ethic, just needs the right landing spot and opportunity.

This same thing could be said for a lot of AHL/ECHL players. Razor thin line between the AHL and NHL.

Really there is no similarity?

If the Bruins were shocked than they didn't do their homework. I guess they must have gone on my long lost second cousin twice removed word. :)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Really there is no similarity?

If the Bruins were shocked than they didn't do their homework. I guess they must have gone on my long lost second cousin twice removed word. :)

None that I can see.

I'm just telling you what I was told about Button. Maybe you had a crystal ball and knew about him before? I'm in Mass and don't get to see those Dub players that often.

I don't think Knight was ever 100% while he was with the B's. Injuries were his major issue.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada

Only slightly off topic, but I am crossing my fingers for Chudinov.

I really think he could be the missing piece to this defence.

You're not alone MMB!
I've been thinking about him since last year! :laugh:

Basing my opinion on rare reports about him and what Dom said, I think he could have a stabilizing influence.
Not flashy, but solid and dependable, always top 2 in TOI with SKA.
That's what the Bs D group needs.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
KHL? It's the return of Brandon Bochenski. Will put us over the top vs Washington :yo:

Seriously if Chudinov is anything like Gudas get him over here now.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As discussed earlier, this was a move to open up a contract spot.

As Kirk said on Twitter, Heinen will be leaving college following his season and signing with the Bruins.

That will put them at 48 contracts. I don't think they want to operate at the 50 max, but at 49 in case something happens and they need a spot.

So possibly one more move to come.

Couldn't have happened without this trade.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
As discussed earlier, this was a move to open up a contract spot.

As Kirk said on Twitter, Heinen will be leaving college following his season and signing with the Bruins.

That will put them at 48 contracts. I don't think they want to operate at the 50 max, but at 49 in case something happens and they need a spot.

So possibly one more move to come.

Couldn't have happened without this trade.

Chudinov? :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad