Confirmed with Link: Zack Phillips Traded to STL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Considering Jared Knight had one goal in 34 games for the Iowa Wild this year before recently being sent down to the ECHL, the Bruins won this trade.:nod:

Thanks for making eat easy to leave :handclap:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
And you lose me. Win win ;)

Come on, go for a long walk and clear your head. You stay I promise to drop my account and just lurk.

To many VERY good posters have left, I know I'm on again off again with my posts for certain players. I even get annoyed with me :)

Seriously I'm out ....

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The Future Considerations is probably something that is unattainable such as a fifth round pick if the Blues win the Stanley cup.

Something has to be written into the trade registered with the league, it can't just be future considerations.

Like the Anthony Camara throw in earlier on trade deadline (as mentioned) this is nothing more than moving out a contract for something to happen in terms of a signing or two or three - read NCAA or maybe KHL.

With this move, Bruins are now at 47 contracts. They have some maneuverability now.

Thanks, I was wondering exactly what their roster tally was. A move to clear some space for sure.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The Future Considerations is probably something that is unattainable such as a fifth round pick if the Blues win the Stanley cup.

Something has to be written into the trade registered with the league, it can't just be future considerations.

Like the Anthony Camara throw in earlier on trade deadline (as mentioned) this is nothing more than moving out a contract for something to happen in terms of a signing or two or three - read NCAA or maybe KHL.

With this move, Bruins are now at 47 contracts. They have some maneuverability now.

Thank you Dom. That is about what I assumed. Appreciate your input.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Sometimes, I think I love Dom. Not that there's anything wrong with that!:laugh::laugh:

cat400

Jul 30, 2005

Thanks for the insight on why the trade now.

Dom you are like the Riddler from the Batman comics. Doe the KHL reference mean there is some hope that Chudinov, ala Soderberg, may be finally coming to the Bruins?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yea, Knight is a perfect example of over valuing your own prospects.

I was pretty high on him, but injuries just completely derailed any chance he had at a career... Had a nagging injury for 2-3 years at the absolute worst time a player like him could get an injury.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks for the insight on why the trade now.

Dom you are like the Riddler from the Batman comics. Doe the KHL reference mean there is some hope that Chudinov, ala Soderberg, may be finally coming to the Bruins?

I put it at a reasonable 50-50 chance. A lot of things would have to play out just right, like SKA being eliminated in this round of the playoffs (although that wouldn't be the end).

Someone I respect very much isn't as high on the possibility or the type of impact he might have. - this may be the very first time we haven't been in agreement. But I still have the utmost respect for him.

I just believe that the NHL ice may be better suited for Chudinov's game.

Chudinov wants to come over. The big questions are 1) Do the Bruins want him now? 2) If SKA is eliminated and they do want him, are they willing to pay the transfer costs to SKA/KHL because his contract doesn't expire until the NHL playoffs are about to begin? 3) Would they rather wait until training camp and "risk" losing him as a UFA?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I put it at a reasonable 50-50 chance. A lot of things would have to play out just right, like SKA being eliminated in this round of the playoffs (although that wouldn't be the end).

Someone I respect very much isn't as high on the possibility or the type of impact he might have. - this may be the very first time we haven't been in agreement. But I still have the utmost respect for him.

I just believe that the NHL ice may be better suited for Chudinov's game.

Chudinov wants to come over. The big questions are 1) Do the Bruins want him now? 2) If SKA is eliminated and they do want him, are they willing to pay the transfer costs to SKA/KHL because his contract doesn't expire until the NHL playoffs are about to begin? 3) Would they rather wait until training camp and "risk" losing him as a UFA?

What type of game does he play? Two-way, offensive dman, shutdown? Any good comparibles you can think of?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
These are these are the sort of post that are chasing our insiders and posters with connections away. Is it really worth it?

What??:huh:

I'm pretty sure MMB was being sarcastic.

Assuming he was talking about my post, he's right. I was being a jerk.

It is an attempt to highlight a problem I think is real and it doesn't merely exist here.

There seems to be lost perspective on the proportion of outrage that a disappointment should elicit. Seems like any time we are even slightly offended by something, out come the tommy-guns.

Sweeney wasn't able to accomplish the near impossible at the deadline?? Well this is an embarrassment my grandchildren will have to shoulder for decades!!
A third round pick for Rinaldo?? I need to GORE someone!!

Yeah, be disappointed. I'm disappointed too. I get it. In this case, I was really hopeful for Jared Knight. I was really hopeful Cassidy would be let go. And then I was hopeful that Phillips would help redeem the asset. None of those things happened. I'm disappointed.

But it's not Hindenburg. And hell... The Bruins are EXCEEDING my expectations by a fair margin. All-in-all, things are pretty good.

So yeah. It's a joke. It's aimed at micro-aggressions, or minor dissapointments causing MAJOR outrage. I'm being a jerk.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Yes lot of texts and PMs and even face to face among friends here how this board has taken over by a different type of poster.

I come here basically to get hockey information but I just reupped my Globe subscription and am going to join Twitter to follow Dom, Kirk, and the folks that cover the Bruins and league. Going to figure out the 4 or 5 go to people and leave this place behind

Got to say lot of miserable ****** here

I will miss you dearly when you leave, I still feel this is the best source of Bruin's information on the web but I'm not sure how much longer that will be true...

I deeply value the back to back that can be had with people in the know here, such as Don's insight on Chudinov in this very thread.

Last edited:

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
And the college hockey season is about to wind up. Bruins seem like they've gotten some pretty good signings with top undrafted players.

Maybe the scouts have a few guys in mind.

Good point. Maybe someone can come in for depth.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Yes lot of texts and PMs and even face to face among friends here how this board has taken over by a different type of poster.

I come here basically to get hockey information but I just reupped my Globe subscription and am going to join Twitter to follow Dom, Kirk, and the folks that cover the Bruins and league. Going to figure out the 4 or 5 go to people and leave this place behind

Got to say lot of miserable ****** here

i hope you are not leaving... new posters may be ignorant about the history around here but i always felt you were one of the 2-3 people that made hf the place to be back in the day. there was a time this bruins page was basically the gold standard here at hf. other boards were dying due to crap but a handful of friends here wouldnt let it ruin what we had

its almost sad the success these forums had since those days in the late 1990' s as this clearly isnt our little paradise anymore

but losing you would be the next thing to a death blow as far as what was once a place of respect and friendship here.

my vote is you reconsider. as for the phillips trade im happy with asset managent and trust the team

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
nice move by sweeney. in reality, this trade is really zack phillips for, say, mike borkowski. not sure if borkowski ends up signing with boston, but replace his name with another college free agent and that's how it shakes out.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Like to see Sweeney get somethIng of value for once was a high second round pick who couldn't cut it. Iirc Knight was the last of the Kessel picks from Toronto and was picked ahead of Spooner.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He didn't quite play like he did in the OHL. Our fan base built him on his play there and he just didn't hack it. It wasn't like he was a 30 point player and didn't know what the goal crease was. From what I read at times he tried but there was more road blocks than success.

Ryan Button was a similar case on a smaller scale.

There is virtually no similarity between Button and Knight. From what I gather, the B's were shocked at how poorly Button had been prepared at the Junior level for the NHL game and he could never make up the gap. Knight was a victim of injury, circumstance, and timing.

Like a lot of junior players, his scoring may not translate over into the NHL, but I'm actually still holding out hope for Knight (I'm dumb like that). Kid has the tools and work ethic, just needs the right landing spot and opportunity.

This same thing could be said for a lot of AHL/ECHL players. Razor thin line between the AHL and NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad