Zack Parise

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
I always thought a good comparison would be Mike York... smart, fast, versatile, small... probably second line.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I tend to think 2nd line as well...but could play on the first line with good linemates who help elevate his game for him.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
He played on the first line for the second half of this season and didn't look out of place. That was as the left wing, though (with Gomez at center). His game improved a lot over the course of the season, and he got much stronger as the year went on.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
After seeing Parise for more than a year, I have been very pleased from what I've seen from him at this level.

He had a very rocky start and Larry Robinson really didn't utilize him well while he was head coach.

Lets remember he hasn't really played Center all year.....So at this point it is very difficult to gauge. He most likely will be moved to center at some point, but for about 2/3 of the season he has played LW.

I don't think York is a good a comparision at all....Maybe production-wise thats what Parise will be (50 point kinda guy, but I doubt it and would be a bit dissappointed honestly), I feel completely comfortable saying Parise is vastly more talented and skilled than York.

On the size thing York and Parise are really two different body types. If you look at Parise he is much thicker as a 22 yearold than York is as a 30 yearold. I would expect Parise to be in the 195 lb range as he matures and fills out. Just about another 10 lbs. Parise and Scott Gomez are very close in size and Gomez is 5'11 -200lbs.

The thing that surprised me most about Parise's game is his willingness to hit, battle in the corners and go to the net. Just about every goal he scored this seasons was around the net.

The thing I look for in every rookie is progression over his first three seasons.
Parise improved in every aspect of his game during the course of the season.

The jury is still out, we haven't seen Parise in a Center role yet but in my opinion there is First line potential there.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
JimEIV said:
I don't think York is a good a comparision at all....Maybe production-wise thats what Parise will be (50 point kinda guy, but I doubt it and would be a bit dissappointed honestly), I feel completely comfortable saying Parise is vastly more talented and skilled than York.

Well - maybe it's because I'm a huge York fan... but I didn't mean it as disrespect. I think York is a great player to have (and has alot of talent).

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Going from college and limited viewing this year. When i watched NJ on center ice. Parise is only going to get better with time. He is too smart and being a "student of the game" all he needs to do is expierence it, learn it and make it better. He did that in college. At times he would improve from shift to shift. The good thing with Zack is that he does not or has not revert to old habits. I am sure he will reflect on this season and realize what worked what did not. When to press a little more and when to relax. He did not look bad this year but next year he will be even better. No idea how that will translate into straight points but his value will go way up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad