Zack Kassian Dive

MitchP*

Jun 2, 2011
Because that's exactly what embellishment means. "The action of adding details or features"

Yeah, he got hooked. Then faked a massive fall to make it look much worse than it was. For this one I'm fine with there being two penalties, since there was still a hook, but I wish embellishment was a double minor

Which makes no damn sense :shakehead

The original infraction is the problem and is the clear infraction.. "embellishment" is completely subjective "yes he was hooked but in my evaluation he didn't need to fall like that, he wasn't that hurt, i don't think he was off balance etc etc"

rather have less subjective reffing rather than more.

The only thing we can see for sure from watching that is that his leg was hooked. The rest is your interpretation of his balance, speed, strength of the tug etc etc.. none of those things you, i or the ref can actually know.

Peter957

Oct 23, 2014
The fact that he's diving out of the frame makes it hilarious for some reason.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Don't really understand the big deal.. his leg did get hooked by franzen.

Why are people acting like this is worse then when guys go down without even actually being hooked at all? For example the sharks penalty shot the other night against the canucks.

I agree with not calling two penalties.. its either a hook/trip/slash or its not and the player faked the reaction.. in this case Kassians leg was clearly hooked which is illegal, why does it matter how creatively he falls AFTER he was hooked?

Because he wasn't really hooked by Franzen. At least not in the sense of what actually constitutes a hooking penalty. Players tug at each other like this all game long. If that were considered an illegal hook there would be 200 penalties a night. Kassian felt a tug on his leg and dove headlong.

It should've just been 2 minutes for diving.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Somehow I knew this would have its own thread. :laugh:
Kassian gets under the skin of even opposing fans.

That's not really an achievement. Every player in the league gets under the skin of someone here at hfboards.

It's just embarrassing to watch a hockey player flop like that.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's not really an achievement. Every player in the league gets under the skin of someone here at hfboards.

It's just embarrassing to watch a hockey player flop like that.

I've seen lots of offsetting embellishment calls this year but most don't have threads.
My original comment stands.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
That is straight up Vancouver style. I expect nothing less. I lost all respect after there trip to the finals. The twins were falling like they were shot all over the ice.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
A disturbing play by a disturbing player.

And Eakins was even there to see it himself! He was at the game scouting for the Oilers according to Jason Botchford on twitter.

SenatorArmy*

A disturbing play by a disturbing player.

And Eakins was even there to see it himself! He was at the game scouting for the Oilers according to Jason Botchford on twitter.

The Oilers don't need any more divers. clearly the team has perfected the art of nosediving in the standings. SICK BURN!!!!!!

MitchP*

Jun 2, 2011
Because he wasn't really hooked by Franzen. At least not in the sense of what actually constitutes a hooking penalty. Players tug at each other like this all game long. If that were considered an illegal hook there would be 200 penalties a night. Kassian felt a tug on his leg and dove headlong.

It should've just been 2 minutes for diving.

uh.. franzen took his stick placed it on his leg and tugged with the hook of his stick.. thats hooking or tripping

Whatever else is your imagination of what Kassians intentions, balance and franzens strength are

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Watch his left skate when it's on the ice, he kind of hits a bump or something and I think that's what caused him to lose his balance.

Halpysback*

Watch his left skate when it's on the ice, he kind of hits a bump or something and I think that's what caused him to lose his balance.

This, it's pretty obvious he lost his balance. The hook doesn't help either.

Amazing how many people ITT never laced skates up.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
There has got to be a photoshop with a HUGE splash coming from off screen??

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Lost his balance? He dove like he was a fan who got on the stage at an Evanescence concert (or whatever band you young whippersnappers are listening to at the moment).

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Lost his balance? He dove like he was a fan who got on the stage at an Evanescence concert (or whatever band you young whippersnappers are listening to at the moment).
Look at his left skate, it hits something and he falls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad