Zack Kassian Dive

bhawks1399*

He already got beat by James Neal to being fined so wont be just for embarassment, if the league wants to send a message than they will have to make it a hefty fine if its fine worthy, I don't think they'll start suspending yet, they'll save that for an atrocious, soccer like dive

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Per instruction from Chairman Maouth

GIF coming soon, apparently pretty bad, even Canucks fans suggesting it's worthy of fine/suspension.

It was bad, but not as bad as Neal's from earlier this season.

It won't get a fine or a suspension and that's just ridiculous. The new rules mean that the first dive gets a warning and any other dives will get fined. He'll get a warning and that's it.

EDIT: FYI, taken from http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=730165

Incident # Player Fine(s) Head Coach Fine(s)
1 Warning N/A
2 $2,000 N/A
3 $3,000 N/A
4 $4,000 $2,000
5 $5,000 $3,000
6 $5,000 $4,000
7 $5,000 $5,000
8 $5,000 $5,000

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Who cares. Did you see that move by Datsyuk in the 2nd period to get around Tanev? Flips the puck up in the air forward, begins to skate around Tanev (who is turning around) and continues to push the puck forward by batting it out of the air. HNIC had a slow mo reply during the intermission. Thing of beauty. That should get a thread of its own and dissected and analyzed and awed over. But it won't. This thread will attract all the Canuck haters like flies to poop.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Who cares. Did you see that move by Datsyuk in the 2bd period to get around Tanev? Flips the puck up in the air forward, begins to skate around Tanev who is turning around, and continues to push the puck forward by batting it out of the air. HNIC had a slow mo reply during the intermission. Thing of beauty. That should get a thread of its own and disecter and analyzed and awed over. But it won't. This thread will attract all the Canuck haters like flies to poop.

Would like to see that. Didn't the turn the game on until after the NFL game.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Who cares. Did you see that move by Datsyuk in the 2nd period to get around Tanev? Flips the puck up in the air forward, begins to skate around Tanev (who is turning around) and continues to push the puck forward by batting it out of the air. HNIC had a slow mo reply during the intermission. Thing of beauty. That should get a thread of its own and dissected and analyzed and awed over. But it won't. This thread will attract all the Canuck haters like flies to poop.

I think the people who don't like diving in hockey will care. There is all kinds I guess.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Franzen gave Kassian a light tug at Kassians right thigh. *cough*. Kassian supermans to the ice. Pretty much it.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
It was a pretty good dive. We need to get the Kesler out of him

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I like how Franzen also got called for a trip.

It's either a trip or a dive. Calling both makes no sense and is embarrassing.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I think Kassians reaction to being call for embellishment is more amusing than his superman like fall to the ice. A small player may have gotten away with embellishing that but it no way should a guy Kassian's size fall in that fashion to such a light tug if any.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I like how Franzen also got called for a trip.

It's either a trip or a dive. Calling both makes no sense and is embarrassing.

Agreed. If they want to cut down on diving, when it's that bad of a dive don't call the penalty, just the dive.

MitchP*

Jun 2, 2011
Don't really understand the big deal.. his leg did get hooked by franzen.

Why are people acting like this is worse then when guys go down without even actually being hooked at all? For example the sharks penalty shot the other night against the canucks.

I agree with not calling two penalties.. its either a hook/trip/slash or its not and the player faked the reaction.. in this case Kassians leg was clearly hooked which is illegal, why does it matter how creatively he falls AFTER he was hooked?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
ColorlessHelplessDeinonychus.gif

I giffed the Vine.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Don't really understand the big deal.. his leg did get hooked by franzen.

Why are people acting like this is worse then when guys go down without even actually being hooked at all? For example the sharks penalty shot the other night against the canucks.

I agree with not calling two penalties.. its either a hook/trip/slash or its not and the player faked the reaction.. in this case Kassians leg was clearly hooked which is illegal, why does it matter how creatively he falls AFTER he was hooked?

Because that's exactly what embellishment means. "The action of adding details or features"

Yeah, he got hooked. Then faked a massive fall to make it look much worse than it was. For this one I'm fine with there being two penalties, since there was still a hook, but I wish embellishment was a double minor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad