Prospect Info: Zachary Jones, LD, 3rd round, 68th overall, 2019

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not sure if he's got any chance to make the team, but jones is invited to team usa's summer showcase camp for the world juniors...

Reactions: Ola and Rongomania

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
not sure if he's got any chance to make the team, but jones is invited to team usa's summer showcase camp for the world juniors...
I think he's a long shot to make the WJC team this year, but if he has a good season and a half I think he's got a good shot on being on the next roster for the next one

Reactions: Rongomania

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Like I'm going to listen to that guy in the video. :laugh: Trust Gorton 100% but I don't see the point in taking a defenseman here. I'd rather they take a forward with toughness and roll the dice. Flip side is talented defenseman prospects bring back a lot in return. Maybe they feel the value in this draft in the later rounds is with defenseman.

You should.

It's pretty insightful and hes the only guy I've seen make videos that blend both analytics and actual eye test evaluations.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think he's a long shot to make the WJC team this year, but if he has a good season and a half I think he's got a good shot on being on the next roster for the next one

yeah i'd think he'd be a pretty long shot. but still a good experience and a good sign that he's on the radar and maybe makes it next year

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

He absolutely has a chance. It's a pretty deep defensive group though so there will be some high quality guys left home. One note is this is his last year of WJC eligibility as he's a late 2000.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Steven, known quantity of the NYR scouting department, I commend you for your outstanding service and overall excellence.

PETITION TO MAKE STEVEN OUR MASCOT IM NOT EVEN F***ING AROUND.

Maybe he can be the Rangers' Fireman Ed or License Plate Guy! But he lives in Europe, I guess Dancing Larry is that guy.

Reactions: Rongomania

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Maybe he can be the Rangers' Fireman Ed or License Plate Guy! But he lives in Europe, I guess Dancing Larry is that guy.

I was literally thinking the same thing. I actually feel he's more like the Islanders guy who used to wear the gold hair to the games (I'm not sure if he still goes). He sat in the same seat every year, right next to the glass. But he was much more non-de script than Ed or Larry.

I hope Larry isn't on here. But I really can't stand him and I really wish the Rangers would move away from his antics.

I really think Steven might be the biggest fan.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What do you work as and how do you have time to travel all over the place, to different countries to watch some prospects play?

It's not a slight, I like it! I'm just curious as to how you find the time for all the traveling and if you're rich or something?!:laugh::huh:

I work in IT and we get 25 vacation days plus 10 or so public holidays, I just use them wisely. I fly back today so this weekend in Vancouver cost me only 2 days

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I work in IT and we get 25 vacation days plus 10 or so public holidays, I just use them wisely. I fly back today so this weekend in Vancouver cost me only 2 days

Love it when a good plan comes together. There's a part in my roster where I can get 16 days off while only taking 4 days of leave.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Didn't know anything about this kid, but from the Youtube videos I just saw.... his skating is outstanding.

I was a big proponent of Ryan Johnson who scored a lot fewer points in the USHL last year due to that next tier skating ability (LHD or not).

Really like what I see out of Jones.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Euro non-comp benefits are amazing compared to US. I just joined a London-based firm and the health insurance is shockingly good.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It feels bad to not comment on other prospects than Kakko, but I don`t know much about him - still a warm welcome to New York! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->