Prospect Info: Zachary Jones, LD, 3rd round, 68th overall, 2019

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is it just me or was this kind of a nondescript game for Jones? It wasn't poor but he didn't really stand out other than on the fourth goal.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Is it just me or was this kind of a nondescript game for Jones? It wasn't poor but he didn't really stand out other than on the fourth goal.
I think that’s a compliment when you’re talking about a defenseman you know? Not that he didn’t stand out but he played solid, mistake free hockey and was an asset on the PP.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Seeing that graphic of the recent winners of the natty made me remember Dq didnt even win it during his time at Bu

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
so he turns pro after this season, right? Or maybe even signs AHL deal for remainder of the season?

No need for him to hurry. Let him get more man strength and the Rangers see what they have in Lundkvist and Robertson.

I don't think it'll change his decision. Staying in college for one more year is about more than winning championships. Finishing a 3rd year in college makes it a lot easier to graduate while playing pro hockey, following night classes etc.

Fox spent 3 years in college and I'm sure it gives him the same advantage, although he may have had other reasons as well to stay in school. Khodorenko said the same thing to me in my interview with him. After his injury it put things into perspective and it made him finish school before signing a contract, despite getting offers after his junior year.

There are some interesting interviews on the Player's Tribune about graduating while playing pro hockey. If a player finishes 3 years in college, they can finish the rest attending night classes for 3 years. Turning pro after your sophomore year, you'd need 5-6 years to graduate.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Another year will be good for him anyway.

He has some things he’s still working on, and there’s no real organizational need to force the issue either.

Another year also brings the added bonus of continuing to spread contracts.

Reactions: Leetch3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad