Prospect Info: Zachary Jones, LD, 3rd round, 68th overall, 2019

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I love this pick just as much as the Robertson one, maybe even more. I love d-men with hands and skating ability. This is a steal for sure, in my opinion. This draft is so lit so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ola and egelband

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like this pick a lot. Gonna post my report again

61. “Zac Jones-USHL rookie of the year. Jones is a two way defenseman with outstanding skating ability. Jones is a prospect who I think developed a lot this season alongside teammate Ronnie Attard. That pairing pretty much dominated whenever it was on. Later on in the year he started to show more offensive flashes and puck rushing ability weaving through forecheckers. He gets the puck out quickly but that can hurt him sometimes. Defensively he is responsible. Could improve his pinches though his elite skating ability and being paired with Attard allows him to cheat.”

Just need to grab some forwards now

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
5c94a7ba09b6030fb807e7f5-750-375.jpg

Gorton dropping LHD into our pipeline.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I feel like this towards the other end of the spectrum when compared to Robertson.

This is an upside pick that you let cook for 2-3 years - physically, mentally, experience wise, etc.
Definitely. He won’t be ready for a while, but if/when he is, it will be a great pick.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Like I'm going to listen to that guy in the video. :laugh: Trust Gorton 100% but I don't see the point in taking a defenseman here. I'd rather they take a forward with toughness and roll the dice. Flip side is talented defenseman prospects bring back a lot in return. Maybe they feel the value in this draft in the later rounds is with defenseman.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Like I'm going to listen to that guy in the video. :laugh: Trust Gorton 100% but I don't see the point in taking a defenseman here. I'd rather they take a forward with toughness and roll the dice. Flip side is talented defenseman prospects bring back a lot in return. Maybe they feel the value in this draft in the later rounds is with defenseman.

They did roll the dice. That’s what Jones is. He’s a lottery ticket of a player.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Jones is the type of D that I always felt we never draft. Though now with ADA and Fox we might need a D-man like that less. But we'd never draft high upside offensive D-man before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->