Prospect Info: Zachary Fucale

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Lol you're always so negative, you're like a pack of downers.

What are you basing your comments on? One game, that he still won?

One of the biggest complaints regarding Carey Price's game the first few years he was in the nhl was his "drive"; my, how memory is short.

I'm not negative, I'm pointing out the obvious.

By the "DRIVE" i mean you can see it.
PK Subban has it.
Brendan Gallagher has it.
Jiri Sekac has it.
Carey Price has it.
Alex Galchenyuk has it.
Michael Bournival has it.
Brandon Prust has it (he doesn't have the skills to match though)
Max "the Wolverine" Pacioretty has it.
Saku Koivu had it.
Kirk Muller had it.
Vinny Damphousse had it.

The "Drive" is the ability to win battles on and off ice. The ability to be a better player and do whatever it takes to win.

In the opposite end guys like...
PA Parenteau does NOT have it.
David Desharnais doesn't have it.
Tom Gilbert doesn't have it.
Rene Bourque doesn't have it (when he was with us)
Alex Kovalev doesn't have it
Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn etc.
Andrei Kovalenko didn't have it.
Sergei Berezin, Mariusz Czerkawski did not have it.
Danius Zubrus etc.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If Tokarski really is any good, he's going to need to find a new home LONG before any decisions involving Fucale come to the fore. He won't be here for the next 5 years as a back-up, that's just really, really unrealistic. Heck another 3 years is unrealistically optimistic.

So you trade away Fucale in the short term, just to find yourself dealing Tokarski to somewhere he can get an opportunity a year or two later. Stuck with Condon and nothing else between him and Price to lean on in the organization (between the two levels.)
Price is here for the foreseeable future. Like I said, I've got no problem developing Fucale but if we can get something for him to help get us over the hump now, then we should do it. I'm not suggesting we dump him because he's got no talent.

If it's Tokarski we deal away down the road, that's fine too... but we've got time now to worry about this down the line. It's not urgent that we trade him by any stretch but it's also not a crisis if we do.
Sounds like solid asset management. :sarcasm:
Don't be a jackass.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
For all the Price lovers ... Carey could suffer major injuries or get cancer at any time. He could also opt for free agency when his contract runs out. That's why we need insurance, good insurance.

Alternatively, develop Fucale, then trade him.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

PK Subban has it.
Jiri Sekac has it.
Carey Price has it.
Alex Galchenyuk has it.
Saku Koivu had it.
Kirk Muller had it.
Vinny Damphousse had it.

The "Drive" is the ability to win battles on and off ice. The ability to be a better player and do whatever it takes to win.

Danius Zubrus etc.

You do realize that if DD didn't have it...he wouldn't be playing right? A Player who all throughout his career was told he wouldn't make it because he was short, light, not-fast, weak and un-drafted make the NHL only because of skill but no drive? Really?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Price is here for the foreseeable future. Like I said, I've got no problem developing Fucale but if we can get something for him to help get us over the hump now, then we should do it. I'm not suggesting we dump him because he's got no talent.

And I'm not saying don't trade him because he does. We're not likely to draft anyone with as good of a starting foundation as him any time soon, and there's no market for goalies until after they've shown in the NHL anyway.

If it's Tokarski we deal away down the road, that's fine too... but we've got time now to worry about this down the line. It's not urgent that we trade him by any stretch but it's also not a crisis if we do.

Yeah, I'm simultaneously reading "we've got time... down the line" and "trade Fucale while the iron's hot", so to speak.

And again, Tokarski is much closer to the point of forcing a decision, and probably has more value than Fucale right now because of what he has shown in the NHL so far. So seeing us trade Fucale before/instead of Tokarski would seem weird on so many levels to me, and evidence of messed up priorities, unless it was one of those offers that "can't be refused". I don't know where you get the idea that it'll be 7 years of development before Fucale implicates himself seriously in the depth chart. That would be like Tokarski still flying under the radar until next year or the year after, and any trade decisions following THAT, lol. Tokarski won't be here half that long anyway, I expect, and I like Fucale's long term prospects better than Condon's.

Don't be a jackass.

No dice, cool breeze.

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Price
Tokarski
Fucale
Condon

I don't know about you, but...the above is pretty darn good!!

Let's not be so bipolar!! Some of you would trade him now for anything...we would only regret it later on.

Fucale's value will get higher and higher...I'd only trade him or package him for an offer we cannot refuse VS just for the heck of it ('cause some of you think his value is not that high).

He just won a GOLD medal (1st for Team Canada Jrs since 2009).
Time to celebrate.

Cheers!

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

PK Subban has it.
Jiri Sekac has it.
Carey Price has it.
Alex Galchenyuk has it.
Saku Koivu had it.
Kirk Muller had it.
Vinny Damphousse had it.

Danius Zubrus etc.

Your saying that Furcale doesn't have it, Price "drive" had been in question even before is draft year the doutb only when away recently and remember the Grocery shopping comments and the saga it created.
Furcale probably has less than 30% chance of being a NHL #1 starter that just the odds. So there a 70% chance that you are right but doesn't have anything to do with the drive and even if it did how are you able to tell today? What does that tell you about all the other goalies that took a back seat to him...

Also I think DD is avg to mediocre but DD doesn't have it... If he didn't have "Drive" how the hell did he make it to the NHL or stay there because it definately not is size and is skill set isn't world class, he just pretty avg. (Speed, shooting, play making)

I think you don't know what you're taking about...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
And I'm not saying don't trade him because he does. We're not likely to draft anyone with as good of a starting foundation as him any time soon, and there's no market for goalies until after they've shown in the NHL anyway.

Yeah, I'm simultaneously reading "we've got time... down the line" and "trade Fucale while the iron's hot", so to speak.

And again, Tokarski is much closer to the point of forcing a decision, and probably has more value than Fucale right now because of what he has shown in the NHL so far. So seeing us trade Fucale before/instead of Tokarski would seem weird on so many levels to me, and evidence of messed up priorities, unless it was one of those offers that "can't be refused". I don't know where you get the idea that it'll be 7 years of development before Fucale implicates himself seriously in the depth chart. That would be like Tokarski still flying under the radar until next year or the year after, and any trade decisions following THAT, lol. Tokarski won't be here half that long anyway, I expect, and I like Fucale's long term prospects better than Condon's.
Okay.
No dice, cool breeze.
I don't know what 'cool breeze' means... but it sounds polite, so I'll let it be. :)

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
You do realize that if DD didn't have it...he wouldn't be playing right? A Player who all throughout his career was told he wouldn't make it because he was short, light, not-fast, weak and un-drafted make the NHL only because of skill but no drive? Really?

any other team dd won't be top 12. just because its montreal. and the french factor.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

Danius Zubrus etc.

DD doesn't have drive? I'll fault him for not being a 1st line center, and for being small, and pushed off the puck easily, but I would not fault him for not having "drive".

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
any other team dd won't be top 12. just because its montreal. and the french factor.

I agree that he hold little to no value to any other team and he came in to Mtl at the right time but your in left feild he was handed the is spot because he was french... He was the top player in the east coast, in Hamilton and out player every other center we had at the time and there a bunch of team that have AHLer and fringe NHLer, DD would be a upgrade on a few top 9.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
There's very few 5'7 midgets who can stay in the NHL for years without having any drive or motivation given the huge physical disadvantages that they encounter every time they step on the ice. I dislike DD in every regard but the dude has some of that drive for sure.

The fact that Gallagher was told at every single level that he wouldn't make it to the NHL helped him forge that determined mindset and exemplary work ethic.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Fucale likely won't be traded. Drafted by current management, excellent resume, not worth a whole lot on the market, from Quebec, and fills a prospect need. He's actually a very good goalie compared to his current peers in the CHL (and WJC) and has significantly more potential than most. This is a very intelligent and athletic player with a lot of physical gifts (and dare we say intangibles?). He's solid and has been for quite some time.

It's incredible how few posters know anything about goaltending - honestly shocking. Besides that, it should just be common sense not to judge any player on a single game. Pull it together guys/gals, this is embarrassing.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Fucale likely won't be traded. Drafted by current management, excellent resume, not worth a whole lot on the market, from Quebec, and fills a prospect need. He's actually a very good goalie compared to his current peers in the CHL (and WJC) and has significantly more potential than most. This is a very intelligent and athletic player with a lot of physical gifts (and dare we say intangibles?). He's solid and has been for quite some time.

It's incredible how few posters know anything about goaltending - honestly shocking. Besides that, it should just be common sense not to judge any player on a single game. Pull it together guys/gals, this is embarrassing.

Don't be so condescending, there are in fact very few posters in this thread judging Fucale on the basis of a single game.

Thread Master rocknjo might be the only one.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Don't be so condescending, there are in fact very few posters in this thread judging Fucale on the basis of a single game.

Thread Master rocknjo might be the only one.

Wonder if Price is now a bottom of the barrel goalie because of last nights game, according to rocknjo...

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Err...did I miss something or did you just go on a tangent? What does that got to do with DD's drive? Unless you are saying that DD is ONLY in the NHL and in the top 6-9 because he's French...and has nothing to do with his drive (which according to you, he has none)?

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Fucale is fine. He shut down the Russians and made the big stops when needed. And you have to give credit where it's due...the Russians played very well to come back. It wasn't a bad Fucale that let the Russians back into the game...team Canada was HORRIBLE during that span.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

You're right, DD does have drive and skill, made the NHL against all odds, but that extra gear to make it through the playoffs is not there. Mentally I'm sure he wants to, but it doesn't translate with his play on the ice. Like Bergevin said, some guys get you to the playoffs and some guys get you through the playoffs, Desharnais is definitely not the latter....just my opinion!

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

PK Subban has it.
Jiri Sekac has it.
Carey Price has it.
Alex Galchenyuk has it.
Saku Koivu had it.
Kirk Muller had it.
Vinny Damphousse had it.

Danius Zubrus etc.
Most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. DD lacks many thing in his game, but drive isn't one of them.

Also, the biggest complain posters here had towards Carey Price for many years was that he didn't have enough drive and didn't seem to care enough...

Just 2 examples.

Davebo*

For all the Price lovers ... Carey could suffer major injuries or get cancer at any time. He could also opt for free agency when his contract runs out. That's why we need insurance, good insurance.

Alternatively, develop Fucale, then trade him.

Goalies developed by the Habs seem to always be in demand.

I think turn him into an NHL goalie, and use him in a package for someone else, depending on our needs at the time. Fucale seems to 'spaz' at times - I don't need that going into my old age... :shakehead

And who knows - maybe he'll settle down over that period, and become a keeper.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You're right, DD does have drive and skill, made the NHL against all odds, but that extra gear to make it through the playoffs is not there. Mentally I'm sure he wants to, but it doesn't translate with his play on the ice. Like Bergevin said, some guys get you to the playoffs and some guys get you through the playoffs, Desharnais is definitely not the latter....just my opinion!
Has nothing to do with drive or desire. He's small and weak, what is he supposed to do about it?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. DD lacks many thing in his game, but drive isn't one of them.

Also, the biggest complain posters here had towards Carey Price for many years was that he didn't have enough drive and didn't seem to care enough...

Just 2 examples.

Can be translated as "all the guys I like have DRIVE, all the guys I don't like don't have DRIVE".

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Has nothing to do with drive or desire. He's small and weak, what is he supposed to do about it?

Uh.....get strong?
With strength comes confidence and with confidence comes....courage...you know, that thing Gallagher oozes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->