Zacha + Smith vs Lias + Miller

Zacha and Smith or Andersson and Miller

• Total voters

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lias>Zacha
Miller<Smith

I take the Rangers duo though, Miller has had a great start at Wisconsin and I had him 15th on my rankings. Lias looks great as well

I had Smith at 9 though, kids a stud and Devils got a good one. Just don’t like Zacha and never have
Very close though

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I do really like Lias Andersson too, but i went with the Devils duo basically for Ty Smith. Zacha hasn't quite lived up to expectations thus far, but he's still pretty young and i still think he finds a way to be a quality Top-9 Center long-term in the NHL, with upside still as a low-end #2 if some things really "click" for him eventually. Which isn't too far off where i see Andersson settling in as a Top-9/#2C upside.

Ty Smith is one of the best defence prospects outside the NHL though. I think he's gonna be a good one, and that kind of player is so valuable if they hit.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I do really like Lias Andersson too, but i went with the Devils duo basically for Ty Smith. Zacha hasn't quite lived up to expectations thus far, but he's still pretty young and i still think he finds a way to be a quality Top-9 Center long-term in the NHL, with upside still as a low-end #2 if some things really "click" for him eventually. Which isn't too far off where i see Andersson settling in as a Top-9/#2C upside.

Ty Smith is one of the best defence prospects outside the NHL though. I think he's gonna be a good one, and that kind of player is so valuable if they hit.
Hard to ignore what K’Andre is doing as well though

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
As high as I am and have been on Smith, Miller has been absolutely killing it at Wisconsin - 2nd in Freshmen Scoring (#1 among Freshmen Dmen) and top 10 among all Dmen. Watching him, his neutral zone play has been unreal, just needs a little refinement in the D-zone (to be expected for a F transitioning to D). Good to see he is being trusted with top-pair minutes. Sky's the limit given the raw talent/athleticism/size.

Don't think the difference b/w Smith and Miller outweighs Lias over Zacha.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Sounds like a well informed post...
You know what youre right

both are humans who play hockey

Thats the closest comparable I can come up with. They couldnt be more of a different playstyle

Miller is a big bodied dman who is better in his own zone, Smith is a small dman who is better in the ozone. Both are fluid skaters, so fine another comparable

But thats it...

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
As high as I am and have been on Smith, Miller has been absolutely killing it at Wisconsin - 2nd in Freshmen Scoring (#1 among Freshmen Dmen) and top 10 among all Dmen. Watching him, his neutral zone play has been unreal, just needs a little refinement in the D-zone (to be expected for a F transitioning to D). Good to see he is being trusted with top-pair minutes. Sky's the limit given the raw talent/athleticism/size.

Don't think the difference b/w Smith and Miller outweighs Lias over Zacha.
Miller has never produced ppg numbers at any other level, not to mention sometimes not cracking .6ppg.

Its possible but i wouldnt begin thinking Miller is any sort of offensive threat

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
You know what youre right

both are humans who play hockey

Thats the closest comparable I can come up with. They couldnt be more of a different playstyle

Miller is a big bodied dman who is better in his own zone, Smith is a small dman who is better in the ozone. Both are fluid skaters, so fine another comparable

But thats it...

My bad, thought you meant in terms of talent/potential

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
My knowledge of Smith is limited. Although, I've been underwhelmed by Zacha up to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->