Prospect Info: Zach Yuen to re-enter draft - didn't get drafted, now UFA

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We have to remember that Chevy has only had two drafts and we're still not sure how the first one will turn out in the end.

I also don't think my statement is terribly flawed with saying it wasn't bad asset management. Not every move we make with regards to drafting will work out and if no one from that first draft works out, we could still hit the jackpot with Scheif and Lowry. If those two develop the way you hope then that's a successful draft in my eyes. And last year's draft is looking even a little better.

I would Nashville, and maybe even Buffalo, is a much better model then Detroit. It's not just the drafting they're very good at, but their player development.

Interesting Duke

Why did you pick Buffalo.....I am legitimately curious (not trolling)?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Interesting Duke

Why did you pick Buffalo.....I am legitimately curious (not trolling)?

I thought it might have been them but maybe I was wrong, but there is another team that doesn't first come to mind when it comes to drafting that is also very good at it. It was an eastern team though. I'll see if I can figure out who it was I was thinking of, but maybe it wasn't Buffalo.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I thought it might have been them but maybe I was wrong, but there is another team that doesn't first come to mind when it comes to drafting that is also very good at it. It was an eastern team though. I'll see if I can figure out who it was I was thinking of, but maybe it wasn't Buffalo.

I think you might mean Ottawa, they churn young players out like its nothing these days. St. Louis is my example from the west.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
We have to remember that Chevy has only had two drafts and we're still not sure how the first one will turn out in the end.

I also don't think my statement is terribly flawed with saying it wasn't bad asset management. Not every move we make with regards to drafting will work out and if no one from that first draft works out, we could still hit the jackpot with Scheif and Lowry. If those two develop the way you hope then that's a successful draft in my eyes. And last year's draft is looking even a little better.

I would Nashville, and maybe even Buffalo, is a much better model then Detroit. It's not just the drafting they're very good at, but their player development.
Fun aside:
I believe the wings have signed all 7 players from their 2009 draft class. Most of these players have been on a deep run with a very good AHL team and Tatar contributed in the NHL playoffs.

Not sure how you can bang on that drafting ir development.

Also, Buffalo sucks.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think you might mean Ottawa, they churn young players out like its nothing these days. St. Louis is my example from the west.

:laugh: No not even close. I mean a team that, within the last 10 years or so, has consistently had solid drafts. Don't insult the teams like Nashville.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You may notice no one has been over exaggerating on Yuen or his capabilities. It's predominately about asset management strategies and whether Yuen > or < Chiarot or Sol... not Lindros syndrome.

I think he's referring to Lindros and his wanting to not play for the team that first drafted him.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I thought we missed out on Yuen........ but it looks like nobody else wanted him either......... The jets should offer him a 1 yr ahl contract ......for the ice caps... this way their not on the hook for 3 yr ELC but can once and fer all see if he has NHL upside......... :handclap:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Yuen will likely get some invites into training camp, and just as likely get ATOs from various farm clubs as a result.

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if he got an ELC out of training camp and played AHL somewhere.

I thought we missed out on Yuen........ but it looks like nobody else wanted him either......... The jets should offer him a 1 yr ahl contract ......for the ice caps... this way their not on the hook for 3 yr ELC but can once and fer all see if he has NHL upside......... :handclap:

With Melchiori, Sol, Chiarot (and maybe O`Neill) returning to the A next season, he'd probably only get one if they are willing to throw Sol back into the ECHL.
As a prospect on a ELC it be worth it, but as an ATO most likely not.

Looks like most of those 3rd party scouts were wrong about Yuen getting re-drafted, which means Chevy would likely not have been able to trade his rights. Guess there's too much risk taking a redraft you can just PTO and then sign ELC.
Yuen will be a good prospect some where by the end of this summer. Most likely never NHL player but still possible. I still like him and prefer amassing as many good players to play the odds, but life will go on and this isn't even a speed bump.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Don't you think that if they thought he had NHL upside, they would just sign him in the first place?

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove 1m
Tri-City D Zachary Yuen is off to Dallas Stars camp. He's a former Winnipeg Jets draft pick who went unsigned earlier this season.

Not too surprising that he'd get a camp invite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->