Zach Werenski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Lock him up so I can tell every Wings fan to shove it up their hoop.

I think we're actually pretty good as a fanbase about not gloating when we're right, but this is one I'm taking the hall pass on and I'll be right there shovin' with ya.

Reactions: cslebn and Viqsi

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Agree with all those who say extend him tomorrow or trade him ASAP. Either he's part of the long-term solution/rebuild, or he's just an asset with diminishing value.

With two years of control left, he's valuable to any team that thinks their window is open or will be opening.

Reactions: cslebn

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
As I’ve been saying for a while .. you make the offer to Zach long term , if he won’t commit to being the piece you build around , now is the time to find out and make your moves accordingly .

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Agree with all those who say extend him tomorrow or trade him ASAP. Either he's part of the long-term solution/rebuild, or he's just an asset with diminishing value.

With two years of control left, he's valuable to any team that thinks their window is open or will be opening.

I don't think it needs to be tomorrow. For all we know, they haven't even had any discussions yet. There's been the draft, Jones trade, Cam trade, Kivlenieks tragedy, other free agent priorities... but I will say if he's not extended prior to training camp (or gives an indication he's only looking at a one-year arbitration deal to take him to UFA), I'll be a little concerned and we should look to move him.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
If I'm Jarmo, I'm not rushing on a Zach decision. Let's see how he does under a new coach, a new locker room culture and a new opportunity to be alpha dog on D. A lot of things could change over the next few months, including Zach's longterm plans. The earliest I start to consider moving him is at the deadline if CBJ are out of race and it's clear ZW is moving on eventually.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Nice to see another CBJ asset on the main board being speculated about when their time is up or what assets we get.

Look I am just tired of any player of quality leaving.

Reactions: NotWendell

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Nice to see another CBJ asset on the main board being speculated about when their time is up or what assets we get.

Look I am just tired of any player of quality leaving.

Or the mains just taking us we don't know the value of our players followed by the we'll just get then for free when they go to UFA ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad