Zach Werenski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Think Filip Hronek will be traded to Werenski straight up.

Columbus will lose the trade, but will get a decent asset.

That's brutal...come back when you get anywhere near what Seth just got from Chicago

Vrana-Bertuzzi-Rasmussen

for

Werenski-Laine

How do you call yourself a CBJ fan? What does Vrana do? And it feels like Laine is a throw in to you

Reactions: LJ7201

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The comparisons aren’t perfect but I don’t think Yzerman would wait to bring in a player like Werenski. While they’re still rebuilding, they’ve got good pieces in place for their future. It would be like when Vancouver traded a future first round pick for JT Miller even though they had just finished in the bottom 10 in the standings.

There is no way Detroit is trading firsts for Werenski, or anyone. That is the Shane Wright ticket and the Connor Bedard ticket. Their team is still gutted, they don't have anywhere near the value that even the lowly Jackets have. They need to build through the next two strong drafts.

Imagine they finish dead last next year and it's the 1st overall pick.

That's a happy thought for the Jackets and a nightmare for the Wings.

While we're on that happy thought though, wouldn't it be cool if the Jackets get the first three picks next year, #1OA from the Wings, #2 from themselves, and #3 from the Hawks? That's Wright, Lambert, and Savoie all better than anyone from this draft. Okay end happy thought, the Wings aren't going to risk that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
There is no way Detroit is trading firsts for Werenski, or anyone. That is the Shane Wright ticket and the Connor Bedard ticket. Their team is still gutted, they don't have anywhere near the value that even the lowly Jackets have. They need to build through the next two strong drafts.

Imagine they finish dead last next year and it's the 1st overall pick.

That's a happy thought for the Jackets and a nightmare for the Wings.

While we're on that happy thought though, wouldn't it be cool if the Jackets get the first three picks next year, #1OA from the Wings, #2 from themselves, and #3 from the Hawks? That's Wright, Lambert, and Savoie all better than anyone from this draft. Okay end happy thought, the Wings aren't going to risk that.

I guess the simplest way I can put this is I respectfully disagree. I don’t think Detroit would trade a first this year for Werenski, but next summer? Yeah. I do.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Honestly Vrana is a very nice player, who gives his best every game. I would consider trading Laine for him and assets

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
God I love the HF dance. Seth Jones was literally just traded for a very nice return despite being an impending UFA with limited long-term destination options.

Discussion (on the mains) turns to Werenski and it immediately reverts back to:
Can't get a good return because he'll be a UFA in a couple of years with limited long-term options.

Can't decide which old chestnut I like more -- that one or the ol' "oh we'll just wait until he's a free agent and sign him for nothing."

Good luck with that.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Nick Kypreos and Doug Maclean are still the only two media types who have said anything about him signing in Detroit and, well, pardon me if I don’t buy anything those two gasbags have to say.
Friedman said teams are calling us on Werenski and of course they are. But that’s totally different than “he’s just gonna walk in two years anyway lolllzzzzz durr durr”

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I am optimistic he stays if our playing style has changed and the CBJ adds the pieces to move forward in a shorter term - not full rebuild 3-4 years

Reactions: Nanabijou and Monk

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
The guy who mentioned to me Seth and his brother to Chicago (4th of July weekend) also mentioned ties to Zach and Detroit. So there is something potentially there. There are some folks that think it lines up (what Detroit is building towards, UFA for Zach).

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I thought so, so it's a completely different situation then Jones, the team still has control after his current contract is done

He'll be arbitration eligible July 2022, so it would be more like the Josh Anderson situation - he can threaten to sign a one-year deal (QO or via arbitration) to get to UFA status immediately, if he so chooses.

Reactions: CPTN71

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Like Seth he is technically allowed to come to an agreement, but can't put pen to paper until tomorrow.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The guy who mentioned to me Seth and his brother to Chicago (4th of July weekend) also mentioned ties to Zach and Detroit. So there is something potentially there. There are some folks that think it lines up (what Detroit is building towards, UFA for Zach).

In an interview last season he said that Columbus is a surprisingly great city to live in and the team is well managed but if Seth Jones were on a team like Chicago or New York he would be the Norris favorite and getting a lot more national recognition. Seems like the lack of national recognition is something that Werenski is weighing heavily.

Reactions: thebus88 and Fro

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
He'll be arbitration eligible July 2022, so it would be more like the Josh Anderson situation - he can threaten to sign a one-year deal (QO or via arbitration) to get to UFA status immediately, if he so chooses.
And we can all imagine how that would go for CBJ.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
In an interview last season he said that Columbus is a surprisingly great city to live in and the team is well managed but if Seth Jones were on a team like Chicago or New York he would be the Norris favorite and getting a lot more national recognition. Seems like the lack of national recognition is something that Werenski is weighing heavily.

Sounds like Zach isn't familiar with analytics

Reactions: majormajor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad