Zach Werenski - Update: Signs 3-yr ELC (p. 15)

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I know it was a month away from the playoffs, and not a week like it currently is, but Torts talked about "when" they'd have Bjorkstrand back for the playoffs, not if, that alone scares me.

There's going to be more gamemanship now...so hard to read too much into anything being said.

However, if it's a separated shoulder, even a "light" one, it may be couple weeks minimum.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
There's going to be more gamemanship now...so hard to read too much into anything being said.

However, if it's a separated shoulder, even a "light" one, it may be couple weeks minimum.

Would imagine that would be more week to week than day to day... who knows... :shakehead

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
what is clear to me is that Wilson openly talked about targeting Werenski. It was his job to hit him. Now Ovechkin leaving his feet to board Zach seems a bit over the top but hey Hartzy, hows about a nice Backstrom sammich?

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
what is clear to me is that Wilson openly talked about targeting Werenski. It was his job to hit him. Now Ovechkin leaving his feet to board Zach seems a bit over the top but hey Hartzy, hows about a nice Backstrom sammich?

I so much agree with this...just not sure Hartnell can find the mid-point between PIM Hartnell and "avoid penalties" Hartnell. I think some of the jam has been missing from his game. Maybe tonight, maybe the PO's will bring the jam back to our grizzled vet.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Z. Werenski is out and having shoulder surgery. Does anyone have an update on him?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So I assume Carlsson sits with Werenski back. But Q has been pretty awful recently, it might be worth considering keeping Carlsson in the lineup over Q due to the Pens speed.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Don't see Q sitting to insert Harrington or Nuti.

I agree. He's had bad games lately but experience is going to be needed. Size/strength too, which makes me think Harry should be in over Nuti. Small D get preyed on in the playoffs.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised in Zach is a scratch for game 4. That facial injury is garish. By the time it swells up, he will look like The Elephant Man. Props to that kid for coming back and giving it a go in the 3rd. If he's not ready for game 4 just shut it down.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I wouldn't be surprised in Zach is a scratch for game 4. That facial injury is garish. By the time it swells up, he will look like The Elephant Man. Props to that kid for coming back and giving it a go in the 3rd. If he's not ready for game 4 just shut it down.

Agree. He is one of the few who have nothing to prove. The kid played beyond his years and we shouldn't risk further injury if necessary.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sucks Z will get third. The rookie class next year will be far more shallow and he'd probably backskate to a Calder.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Just a strong field this year. I'm not too worried about it. Hard to argue against Matthews. On the plus side, I believe he gets a hundred grand for finishing third so that's a nice consolation prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad