Zach Werenski: Historically Hot

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Challenge Flag.

I'm going to say that I don't trust the research on this. I find it very hard to believe that only 3 defensemen in the history of the league have scored 2 or more goals in 3 games of 5.

Doesn't detract from his accomplishment even if my suspicion is correct. Which it might not be:laugh:

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Challenge Flag.

I'm going to say that I don't trust the research on this. I find it very hard to believe that only 3 defensemen in the history of the league have scored 2 or more goals in 3 games of 5.

Doesn't detract from his accomplishment even if my suspicion is correct. Which it might not be:laugh:
:pb:

It's sufficiently condition-specific that I could easily see it being true. Extend that out to more games and you likely get many more blueliners. ;) Reminds me of when we were crowing about Rick Nash's "unassisted hat trick".

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Pretty decent offensively. Grown immensely defensively. Top pairing defenseman.

Grown to be a big fan of his. I'm glad the ridiculous narrative of trading him has died down completely for now, but I expect it to return once we go on another losing streak and stop scoring. Either way, the dude is a great player and should be on our top pairing with Jones for a long time.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Nobody has ever questioned his offensive ability.

What is questioned is plays like this.

Its laziness, not his "skating style".

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

And there always has to be at least one... I love our consistency. Overall Zach is pretty decent defensively. He's not the second coming of Lidstrom and didn't expect him to be. I like Zach a lot and I like what he brings. I'm ok with some less than stellar defensive plays from time to time. The positives are far greater than the negatives.

He's certainly hot right now. Nice accomplishment.

Reactions: thebus88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Yes, we get it, you're grumpy because the streak's continuation has received significant and necessary support from players you hate such as Zach Werenski and Elvis Not-Korpisalo-So-f***-Him. You don't need to keep reiterating it all over the place.

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yes, we get it, you're grumpy because the streak's continuation has received significant and necessary support from players you hate such as Zach Werenski and Elvis Not-Korpisalo-So-****-Him. You don't need to keep reiterating it all over the place.

I talk hockey NOT emotions, ok, hun?

Everything I've said about Werenski/Elvis/Korpisalo is true.

Werenski is a great OFFENSIVE defenseman. He could be traded for a great OFFENSIVE forward and the team could be better off.

Continue with the narrative control. BYE.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I talk hockey NOT emotions, ok, hun?

Everything I've said about Werenski/Elvis/Korpisalo is true.

Werenski is a great OFFENSIVE defenseman. He could be traded for a great OFFENSIVE forward and the team could be better off.

Continue with the narrative control. BYE.

Calling Werenski just a great offensive defenseman is selling him short. As a whole this season he's been up there defensively with anyone. He has grown so much defensively from last year. He's a great overall defenseman, not just offensive.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

There is no way you can say that definitively. We could easily get worse.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

How about THAT! Obviously, a dman getting seven goals in five games is impressive, but this puts him in elite company. The 3rd defenseman in history to have three multi-goal games in a five-game stretch.

When you tie a mark that includes only two other names - names that are among the All-Time Greats - you know you've achieved something remarkable and memorable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

pled

Sep 7, 2009
he used to be a liability defensibly something and now he can even play pk without me losing my hair.

additionally he's a damn beast shooter. and has super healing skill too.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Was about to say, glad we don't have to hear the "TRADE HIM" rants but...I may be premature on that front.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Pretty decent offensively. Grown immensely defensively. Top pairing defenseman.

Grown to be a big fan of his. I'm glad the ridiculous narrative of trading him has died down completely for now, but I expect it to return once we go on another losing streak and stop scoring. Either way, the dude is a great player and should be on our top pairing with Jones for a long time.
I’d trade him for Marner in a heartbeat. He’s a great player, yet sometimes you can trade a good player away and get better though. He’s a very good #2D, and hopefully one day he can carry a pairing by himself. That being said I hope he keeps scoring.

He’s been great on my fantasy team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad