Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thought just popped into my head regarding senyshyn. Well it’s a question technically. Does anyone know who don Sweeney was referring to after the draft when he was questioned about the reach when he said something like “we had scouts pounding the table about how we had to take him.” I wonder who he’s referring too. His actual boots on the ground ohl scouts? Or was it Keith Gretzky himself? I think it was Gretzky. I think Gretzky wanted senyshyn very badly and Sweeney indulged him and a year later Gretzky pounded the table again for someone else and Sweeney said “no, we are taking frederic.” Then Gretzky took his ball and went home (to chiarelli, where he won’t have any push back on who to take). This is just a theory based on who Gretzky has taken in Edmonton. Senyshyn, fast. Yamamoto, fast. Pastrnak, fast. He liked Yamamoto for sure. Frederic slow, he did not like frederic for sure.

All this kind of circles back to, Sweeney trusted Gretzky with the senyshyn pick, and a year later didn’t trust him on pick 29. Anyone else connecting these dots?
This guy
Victor Berglund hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is hope all lost for this prospect?

In 23 games down at providence he has 10 points and is a minus 8. One would think he would drastically progress from the year prior but is on the same path

Before blaming the system that there are no centers to raise Senyshyn game, Donato scored 9 points in 10 games and was a plus 2 before being called up again

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

In 23 games down at providence he has 10 points and is a minus 8. One would think he would drastically progress from the year prior but is on the same path

Before blaming the system that there are no centers to raise Senyshyn game, Donato scored 9 points in 10 games and was a plus 2 before being called up again

Yes, all hope is lost. The Bruins should just terminate his contract and let him try to make his $300 a week living in the Southern Pro league if he can.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Yes, all hope is lost. The Bruins should just terminate his contract and let him try to make his $300 a week living in the Southern Pro league if he can.
Play him in nhl as a hail Mary. He's not progressing in the ahl so go for a deep 80 yard pass in the nhl and hopes he clicks with jake and David. Better then keeping Wagner and accari in the lineup .

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Play him in nhl as a hail Mary. He's not progressing in the ahl so go for a deep 80 yard pass in the nhl and hopes he clicks with jake and David. Better then keeping Wagner and accari in the lineup .

you know thats not the Bruins way lol....especially Donny/Cassidy way

you need to earn your stripes... have to be just as solid as the vets on the defensive end =T

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah, we expect better from you Dom. You know the club and all its prospects are garbage . . . :laugh:

Let me give it a try:

Jacobs should sell the Bruins
New owner should fire Neely.
New President should fire Sweeney.
New GM should fire Cassidy.

Together they trade everyone and go for a rebuild.

Is that better?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Let me give it a try:

Is that better?

Now you're cookin' :laugh: just need to tweak it to add that it only works if we add that the team rebuilds with guys who will punch people!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Let me give it a try:

Is that better?

I think you meant to say "together they trade the entire organization for "he who shall not be named" and then fill the rest of the roster with guys that can hit, intimidate and drop the gloves"

Reactions: Dr Hook

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don't know guys, Matt Fraser scored 20 goals and 30 points in 40 games in Providence back in 2013, kid's gonna be a killah!:sarcasm:

Senyshyn will be fine.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Let me give it a try:

Is that better?
you left out new owners relocate the B`s to the hotbed of hockey.......Mississippi

how about Seny with a pair? Nice to see

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
you left out new owners relocate the B`s to the hotbed of hockey.......Mississippi

how about Seny with a pair? Nice to see

Riverkings in the CHL didn't do too badly . . . (yes, they were Memphis, but actually played their games in Southaven MS)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
you know thats not the Bruins way lol....especially Donny/Cassidy way

you need to earn your stripes... have to be just as solid as the vets on the defensive end =T

Considering how long Donato played in the NHL, playing basically no defense whatsoever, I’m pretty sure this isn’t true at all.

Calling struggling players up from the AHL isn’t the answer to anything. That’s common sense, not some sort of incomepetence on the FO which you imply.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

In all your viewings, what have you noticed that he needs to work on?

Reactions: neelynugs

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not that its crazy production, but Seny has 5Pts in his last 10GP. Still would like to see some consistency on the score sheet (although that's not everything). I did see that prior to this last 4 game stretch with no points, he never went more than 3 games without recording a point.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not that its crazy production, but Seny has 5Pts in his last 10GP. Still would like to see some consistency on the score sheet (although that's not everything). I did see that prior to this last 4 game stretch with no points, he never went more than 3 games without recording a point.
I'm not worried about the overall points with him at an NHL level, he needs to be potting goals.

He has the shot and the speed for sure, just needs the consistency and to play an overall more complete game. He's been better lately for sure, just needs to keep it up.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It really is too bad that Senyshyn is already a bust, had his fate been determined already and it’s just time to give up and cut him loose. He’s playing some good hockey this year.

Do you see a little bit of Rick Nash in his game? Doesn't have the same size and maybe not quite the two-way player Nash can be, but he's still a good size kid that can shoot and park himself in front of the net.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Senys two goals last night.

It’s amazing what guys can’t do when they get opportunities on the powerplay lol. Pretty much the whole season Senyshyn was buried on the 3rd/4th line, with little to no talent around him and no time on the penalty kill. Glad to see him get bumped up and produce when called upon.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->