Zach Redmond

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's not an NHL caliber player. At least not top-6 material. Maybe a 7/8 but he should be in the AHL on most teams in the league. Very low hockey IQ and next to no physicality for a player his size.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He has the tools but doesn't think the game well when under pressure. Sadly at the NHL level once the opponents sniff out your weakness, they will lean on you.

He also hangs on to the puck too much and tries too fancy passes so his puck skill doesn't translate to a quick transition game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's just so dumb and so in love with his own skills. He learned to take a hit once every few games, so at least he's not quite as much of a coward as he was; but he's still so damn dumb.

TPS had some great posts explaining exactly why Redmond was so infuriating.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Clearly, they don't intend to play him again this year, and were unable to get a satisfactory return at the deadline to trade him. I think they call up Zadorov before he sees NHL ice again, he may never lace up skates for us again if Roy still prefers Bodnarchuck over him after all of his mistakes.

I used to defend him a lot, too, at least as being better than our other options for the bottom pair. But he has been awful lately.

Last edited:

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
WOW...last time I took a look, I thought he was playing top 4 minutes for you guys....but that was way early in the year.

Thanks for the update.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He never played top 4 minutes. I'm sure he'll look great on the Leafs next season.

No kidding, you know that's how it's gonna play out. Then we'll hear how Babcock turned his career around while he patrols the blueline of a 30th place team again.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Did you guys get the same feed as we got in Winnipeg...? When Redmond cost you the third goal, Roy signalled that 22 (Redmond) was done for the night. The announcers were all over it and wondered if Redmond would play again.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
He has skating with a dash of skill, and the potential used to be a realistic possibility, but this guy just isn't getting any smarter with the puck. After this long as a pro, unfortunately, I would be shocked if Redmond ever becomes a permanent fixture on the blue line (anywhere). I would never wish bad fortune on anyone, but I wouldn't mind "Redmond" and the blue&burgundy being kept separate indefinitely

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think most of us weren't even expecting him back after this season, but after tonight (and the .GIF in the GDT after the Jets scored the 3rd goal) there's a part of me that truly wonders if he'll ever see another game this season. It isn't just what Roy signaled to Farrish, but Altitude showed the shot as well, and just after he made the "enough" signal, his lips pursed and it almost looked like his body language gave off that he kicked the wall behind him. And while in the postgame, when asked about the turnover, he may have shot it down by saying "I'm not going there, I'm not going there. We win as a team and we lose as a team", he very clearly was not happy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think most of us weren't even expecting him back after this season, but after tonight (and the .GIF in the GDT after the Jets scored the 3rd goal) there's a part of me that truly wonders if he'll ever see another game this season. It isn't just what Roy signaled to Farrish, but Altitude showed the shot as well, and just after he made the "enough" signal, his lips pursed and it almost looked like his body language gave off that he kicked the wall behind him. And while in the postgame, when asked about the turnover, he may have shot it down by saying "I'm not going there, I'm not going there. We win as a team and we lose as a team", he very clearly was not happy.

Yeah Redmond is done. I'll be shocked to see him play another game as a member of the Avalanche. He was on thin ice before tonight, but he fell through it tonight. I will be stunned if Bodnarchuk isn't playing Wednesday if Bigras isn't ready.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Roy wasn't too happy with Bodnarchuk after his last game, either,was he?

Not particularly. I think he had no intention of playing either Redmond or Bodnarchuk after acquiring Gelinas. But Bigras went ahead and got a concussion and threw a wrench into Roy's plan.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At this point I'd be shocked to see Redmond in the NHL next season. Some team will sign him to a two-way contract but honestly he might only be able to crack the Maple Leafs' roster with how bad he is, and that's because they want to lose.

Then again, maybe Toronto wouldn't be such a bad thing for him. Maybe Babcock can figure him out because he needs all the help in the world. He's a lost cause out there.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Of all the failed signings, I blame Avs and their pro scouts the least for Redmond. He has such an impressive set of tools and I can imagine not being as exposed at the AHL level.

It just sucks that he has a busted processor. If he could think the game at 75% NHL capacity, he'd probably be a NHLer because that skating and size should translate so well.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah. We loved him in Winnipeg and were loathe to give him up, as we saw him as a great bottom pair D. It's odd that he's fallen into such disfavour with you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->