Injury Report: Zach Parise (Week-to-Week, Lower-Body Injury)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Everyone's talking like his back is toast... this is a foot injury guys... from blocking a shot. Nothing to do with his back.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Everyone's talking like his back is toast... this is a foot injury guys... from blocking a shot. Nothing to do with his back.

Watch it turn into a back injury because he's walking differently with a cast/boot and it tweaks his back. :rant:

He's only had 2 full seasons of health in the last 7, and one of them was a strike year. If he can't be LTIR he's going to have the worst contract in the league at some point. ~10% of the cap isn't a boat anchor, it's a ship anchor of a contract.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Watch it turn into a back injury because he's walking differently with a cast/boot and it tweaks his back. :rant:

He's only had 2 full seasons of health in the last 7, and one of them was a strike year. If he can't be LTIR he's going to have the worst contract in the league at some point. ~10% of the cap isn't a boat anchor, it's a ship anchor of a contract.

I understand that, and that's why I was ripping him in the last page for not wearing shot blockers. Two years ago his big chunk of time missed was for the same reason we see now... a shot block off the foot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I understand that, and that's why I was ripping him in the last page for not wearing shot blockers. Two years ago his big chunk of time missed was for the same reason we see now... a shot block off the foot.

I agree, the team should mandate all their players under contract wear them. Same as O-linemen should wear knee braces in football, some teams do require them.

Preventable injures really shouldn't be happening.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Unfortunately like visors before them until the last CBA, shot blockers can't be mandated. If they managed to get a mandate in the CBA, current vets would likely be granfathered on the rule as they were with the visors and not have to wear them anyway (luckily we have a full team that wears visors because even Suter - who was the last holdout on our team - has chosen to wear one).

EDIT: Wait, we have one non-visor wearing player, Chris Stewart. Forgot we re-signed him in the offseason for a moment... :laugh:

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Yeah they said he's ahead of schedule, which is good, but could be bad becuase he's pushing it too quick and it'll linger lol

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think he'll be alright...I mean, if nothing is broken it's just a pain tolerance thing right? Just gotta let the bruise heal enough to where it doesn't bother him. Wonder if this will make him smarten up and throw those skate guards on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
some players feel the guards slow them down a bit, and losing that fraction of a step is something they are loathe to do. Also, the guards don't cover everywhere on the foot...you can still get hurt with them on.

I seem to recall Parise rushing himself back after previous injuries. I'd rather he takes his time and gets right before he comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad