Zach Parise vs Vadim Shipachyov

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
I wouldn't be too hyped on Vadim Shipachyov until he actually plays a season. I remember Calgary fans were really hyped for Roman Cervenka. Look at how that panned out... I wouldn't compare Shipachyov to a guy that has already established himself as a solid player at the NHL level. It is just silly.

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I wouldn't be too hyped on Vadim Shipachyov until he actually plays a season. I remember Calgary fans were really hyped for Roman Cervenka. Look at how that panned out... I wouldn't compare Shipachyov to a guy that has already established himself as a solid centerman at the NHL level. It is just silly.

Although he isn't playing in the NHL now, he could definitely still be an NHLer. He left for money and a bigger role closer to Home. In the NHL Cervenka is a 3rd liner, whereas in the KHL he is a top line player.

Plus, look at their stats (especially with their respective national team) and you'll see the difference.

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
Although he isn't playing in the NHL now, he could definitely still be an NHLer. He left for money and a bigger role closer to Home. In the NHL Cervenka is a 3rd liner, whereas in the KHL he is a top line player.

Plus, look at their stats (especially with their respective national team) and you'll see the difference.

I still go Parise and I will be shocked if Shipachyov has a better career at this point. Parise is also a locker room leader and I think a lot of fans undervalue how important someone like Parise really is to a team.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Parise not close
He averaged 58 pts (through 82 games) in the past 3 seasons
Radulov, who's way better than Shipachev only managed 54 pts last year. I doubt Shipachev gets close to 50 pts.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Parise could very easily have a bounce back season. He had some weird recurring Strep throat all through out last season. It seemed whenever he'd start looking normal, he'd have a recurrence and miss a few games because of it and sap his strength/energy for the next week/two.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
[mod] Shipachyov [mod] is way better. I take him 100 times out of 100 times over this current Parise.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I wouldn't be too hyped on Vadim Shipachyov until he actually plays a season. I remember Calgary fans were really hyped for Roman Cervenka. Look at how that panned out... I wouldn't compare Shipachyov to a guy that has already established himself as a solid player at the NHL level. It is just silly.

Cervenka was actually reasonably productive when he did play. His season was absolutely derailed by injuries, including a blood clot that kept him out of the lineup for most of that year.

He managed 17 points through 39 games despite never really being fully healthy that season.

I think if he had some better luck he probably could've managed 40 points and stuck around in the NHL if he had wanted to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->