Zach Parise Vs Jeff Tambellini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Gordon Howe is #1 said:
His passes are so insane that his teammates cannot put the puck into the net.

What good is a pass if your teamate can't pick it up? If he's such a good player then he should adjust to his linemates and make sure the passes connect.

Parise is obviously much more hyped then Tambelleni. Give it a coupld of years then we'll see who the better play is.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Frolov said:
What good is a pass if your teamate can't pick it up? If he's such a good player then he should adjust to his linemates and make sure the passes connect.

Parise is obviously much more hyped then Tambelleni. Give it a coupld of years then we'll see who the better play is.

The problem is that his teammates aren't ready for the passes, because he doesn't just blindly throw the puck at them like most players do. They come from anywhere, and are right on the tape IF THE PLAYER HAD HIS STICK ON THE ICE!

Parise is hyped because he's THAT good. Tambellini is obviously very good, too, or he wouldn't be getting the publicity he is, either. But I agree, in 3 or 4 years we'll see how they're doing.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Right now it has to be Parise. He makes his teammates better, plays both sides of the puck, has unbelievable work ethic and he is a naturally gifted offensive dynamo. I love Tambellini but his biggest assets are his skating ability and awesome shot (obviously that's not a bad thing). Parise is simply a step ahead as an overall player. Parise should have been a top 10 pick last year, and Tambellini was taken at about the right spot, late in the first round.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I would have to disagree and for the exact same reasons as you listed for Parise. It looks like we won't know until they actually do make thier marks in the NHL. Both are solid and that is the best part, mich comes through again and again and again.

Kings Fanatic

Sep 15, 2003
Obviously Tambs by a mile, how could you doubt it? /end homer mode/ sortof/ Seriously though, I'll take Tambs simply based upon the reports of his goal scoring ability. Be nice to have a blazing fast winger with a hull-like shot.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Hard to say, Tambellini might be the more talented but the hearth and dedication of Parisé is just unreal :handclap: Tambellini also have a strong wotk Etic don't get me wrong... it just that Parisé seems to be ready to standout on his head if he needs to. Great passer as well. as for the skating ability Tambelllini looks more like the fluid skater most will notice. But Parisé is also an excellent skater in terms of speed... just not as smooth.

In the long run it will be interesting to see how they both do against tougher and bigger competition.

Parisé is my pick (just love the dedication)

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
It will be interesting to see these two go head to head at the up coming WJC. Tams of course is still fighting to make Canada's roster and there is no guarantee that the U.S. and Canada will meet up at the upcoming tourney.

I think both of them have so far underimpressed this year. Tambellini hasn't scored in what five games and Parise is not putting up the numbers everyone thought he would.

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
Tambellini has definately been struggling recently, it seems to be a case of just trying too hard and not simply letting the game come to him.

At least he isn't a defensive liability. He's always been very willing to use his speed to backcheck and support the defense.

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
It's weird how Parise's skating is rated all over the map from weak to awesome.
Yeah, it's deceptive. Tall players with long strides look slow, but they're not. Short players with choppy strides look fast, but they're not. I think that's what you're seeing with Parise. He is not slow by any means, but he is not that fast once you get past the illusion of those quick, choppy strides. His anticipation and the fact that he always keeps his feet moving also make people think he's fast. But smart players don't always have to be the fastest; knowing where to be ahead of time is half the battle. Bottom line, Parise won't win any fastest skater awards, but he just may beat you to the puck more often than not.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
dink182 said:
Yeah, it's deceptive. Tall players with long strides look slow, but they're not. Short players with choppy strides look fast, but they're not. I think that's what you're seeing with Parise. He is not slow by any means, but he is not that fast once you get past the illusion of those quick, choppy strides. His anticipation and the fact that he always keeps his feet moving also make people think he's fast. But smart players don't always have to be the fastest; knowing where to be ahead of time is half the battle. Bottom line, Parise won't win any fastest skater awards, but he just may beat you to the puck more often than not.

I fully agree!

I happen to think his skating is ok. Not spectacular but not weak. And that's really all Parise has needed so far. If we segment further his skating into skating (agility) and speed, then Parise skating is solid IMO. It's good enough for him to be mobile, deceptive and react to situations really well from what little I have seen of him.

Not all players need to fly by end to end in a second to be great NHLers anyway.

Randall Graves*

IGM said:
My vote goes to Tambellini he reminds me of Chistov and Parise reminds me of Cammaleri.

Both play very simmilar games but I think that Tambs plays with more heart and is a better player in his own end. It isn't fair to compare them until they hit the pro's. Until then they are too close to tell.
You've never seen Parise have you?Parise IMO is potential captain material because he leaves it all on the ice.

Parise easily.

Gordon Howe is #1

Dec 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
You've never seen Parise have you?Parise IMO is potential captain material because he leaves it all on the ice.

Parise easily.

Very true. He will be a captain in the league. In response to it being his fault his teammates can't catch the pass - the real problem is they are standing and watching him with the puck, he amazes them too. I am sure Tambs will do fine also, but I gotta give the edge to Parise.

Gordon Howe is #1

Dec 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Parise had an knee injury early in the year and I heard he hasn't been himself really since it, I am betting he is playing through pain.

You want to compare someone with Tambellini start with Vrana IMO.

Good point about the injury, I totally forgot about it, but I don't think it was too serious, if he was in pain I don't think he would have played against the U-18 USA team last week, but I think he did. (I usually go, but those games are a waste of time). If someone knows that he didn't play, that would strengthen that argument.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
haha, i think a lota tambellini picks are by us kings fans. but in all honesty, with no bias, i'd definately take parise over tambellini. not only is he more likely to be the bette rplayer, but he also has very good chemistry with brady murray, our 5th rounder. i wouldn't mind seeing those 2 on a line down the future, but i don't see it happening. tambellini is fine enough though...

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I've already seen lots of both players and for me personally it's a tough call, so tough in fact, I'm calling it a draw. Both are such gifted players and they both bring a style all their own to the table. I agree with the many of the assessments of both players noted here.

One area several of you are missing the boat on as far as Tambellini goes is his defensive side. While it may not be as good as Parise's overall, it's an area where people underestimate Tambellini's skill.

Funkymoses

Oilers Chick said:
One area several of you are missing the boat on as far as Tambellini goes is his defensive side. While it may not be as good as Parise's overall, it's an area where people underestimate Tambellini's skill.

chime in with an agreement on this... Tambellini has ridiculous speed which makes him an excellent backchecker. 3 on 2s usually turn into 3 on 3s by the time the rush gets down in the Michgian zone.

As for a comparison between the two, well... Tambellini I've seen a lot and am very high on. He should be a very good NHL player, but Parise has that special something that could make him a great NHLer. So I think Tambs is a safer pick, Parise has a higher ceiling.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Funkymoses said:
chime in with an agreement on this... Tambellini has ridiculous speed which makes him an excellent backchecker. 3 on 2s usually turn into 3 on 3s by the time the rush gets down in the Michgian zone.

As for a comparison between the two, well... Tambellini I've seen a lot and am very high on. He should be a very good NHL player, but Parise has that special something that could make him a great NHLer. So I think Tambs is a safer pick, Parise has a higher ceiling.

From what I've seen of Parise, he reminds me of a more skilled version of Mike York, and if that's how he turns out I think the Devils will be highly pleased. Very effective at both ends of the ice in a slightly understated way.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Also, in light of the fact that we aren't getting to see Parise at his best due to injury it is an unfair comparison at present. While it could be argued that he now has had a pretty serious injury that could have a negative impact on his career (which I doubt) I feel that we won't get a fair comparison until after the season or as said several times prior, when they make the big leagues.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
He had no points in the game so he may not have. I don't really know where you would find a boxscore for that game.
He played very well, and was bashing people, which is a switch. Maybe he doesn't like some of those guys, but he was hitting much harder than I've seen him hit people. He could have had 4 goals, but was passing off too much.
No knock on Tambellini, I haven't seen him play yet this year. But Parise is almost certainly a 2nd liner in the NHL, with Ron Francis-like potential as a captain/leader. But a much better skater than Francis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad