Zach Parise Vs Jeff Tambellini

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiggyIsTheNextRoy

Jun 16, 2003
OC
Visit site
Parise and Tambellini sound like they're very similar players. Both are small, good skaters, and offensively gifted with Parise being a better playmaker and Tambellini being a better scorer.

Who do you think is the better prospect? What kind of point production will they produce in the nhl?

My vote goes to Parise. He reminds me of Chistov and Tambellini reminds me of Cammaleri.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
My vote goes to Tambellini he reminds me of Chistov and Parise reminds me of Cammaleri.

Both play very simmilar games but I think that Tambs plays with more heart and is a better player in his own end. It isn't fair to compare them until they hit the pro's. Until then they are too close to tell.

Sticky*

Parise

I think the better player of the two is Parise, although Tambellini gets the nod in the skating department, Parise is quite the talent. He is a strong skater (very well balanced - strong on the puck), fantastic puck skills, and I don't know what the other poster was referring to but Parise is known as having a second-to-none work ethric. Also, he has astounding vision, and is getting better and better in his own end as he matures.

I still like Tambs though, tremendous skater, and I think he will be a great two-way player at the NHL level, but I just like Parise a little bit more.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
My point is that they are almost exactly the same player an to try and chose between the two of them at this point in their careers is just impossible. Both have the exact same set of skills. They are both known as tireless workers, hard hitters, great skaters (although Tambs is known as the better of the two but only in the speed dept.) talented scorers and great play makers. I was pointing out that there really isn't much of a difference between the two so in time we will know.

#37-#93-#27*

I don't even think it's that close, Parise all the way for me.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
IMO, Tambellini will be the better pro. Zach does it all at the college level, but Tambellini has the explosiveness that will succeed at the pro level.

Once they both play a few years in the NHL, *that* will show us who the dominate player is.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
dulzhok said:
IMO, Tambellini will be the better pro. Zach does it all at the college level, but Tambellini has the explosiveness that will succeed at the pro level.

Once they both play a few years in the NHL, *that* will show us who the dominate player is.

And nobody will remember this thread :D

JasonMacIsaac

Parise by alot IMO, Parise has excellent defensive play on his side with lots more offense.

Jebus

That boulder?
May 29, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
MissionHockey said:
From what I hear Parise leaves it all out on the ice and is work ethic is unreal. Parise is also very reliable on defense.

Tambellini was said to be in the best shape of all the prospects at that evaluation in Toronto shortly before the draft.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Man oh man....I can't even believe we are talking about htis...Parise....is way better IMO...

Parise could be JOe Sakic....Tambelleni could be Mike Comrie...that's the upsides were looking at here

236nOT

I think its tough to compare Tambellini and Parise because they are very different players. Parise is a phenom, an outstanding passer and finisher who depends on his smarts as a player to compete against better athletes. Tambellini is a better athlete, his skating, strength and overall athleticism is way beyond what Parise is physically capable of. I think in the future you will see Tambellini in the NHL as a defensive center who uses his terrific skating as a means to break up plays and as a shorthanded threat. Parise is more of a risk in that he will likely not be able to change his offensive style, his offense will either carry him to the next level or it won't. If Parise succeeds in finding an offensive role he will likely become the better player.

Funkymoses

236nOT said:
I think in the future you will see Tambellini in the NHL as a defensive center who uses his terrific skating as a means to break up plays and as a shorthanded threat.

this is the most insane description of Tambellini possible. He's a winger. And he's a superior offensive talent. Berenson compared his shot to Brett Hull's and that's not much of an exaggeration.

as for the comparison: both are small but can overcome that. Parise has more overall offensive skill but Tambellini the better shot and wheels. I think Tambellini is a surer bet to be a top-6 NHL forward but Parise has a higher eventual ceiling.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
I'm curious as to why most people seem to compare Tamby with Comrie and Cammalleri when his game is nothing like theirs. Comrie and Cammo were known for their flashiness in handling the puck, playmaking ability, and they could score, too. Tamby does nothing fancy with the puck. He is a winger who is a pure goal scorer with a wicked quick release wrist shot and he's lightning fast. I like Berenson's comparison of Tamby as a Brett Hull-type player.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
SpaceGhost79 said:
I'm curious as to why most people seem to compare Tamby with Comrie and Cammalleri when his game is nothing like theirs. Comrie and Cammo were known for their flashiness in handling the puck, playmaking ability, and they could score, too. Tamby does nothing fancy with the puck. He is a winger who is a pure goal scorer with a wicked quick release wrist shot and he's lightning fast. I like Berenson's comparison of Tamby as a Brett Hull-type player.
The reason everyone compares them is becuase they are all small players that went to Michigan. Tambellini is an excellent passer as well. The reason his goals outweight his assits at Michigan is cause he's the best goalscorer on the team, so he's looked upon to score the goals. Tambellini will show his dominant offense at Michigan this year. Parise will put up huge points as well, but he doesn't have the explosiveness of Tambellini.

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
Funkymoses said:
this is the most insane description of Tambellini possible. He's a winger. And he's a superior offensive talent. Berenson compared his shot to Brett Hull's and that's not much of an exaggeration.

Agreed. Tambellini's release on his shot is possibly the quickest I've ever seen on a NCAA player in about 10 years of watching, it's simply phenomenal. He's a sure bet to score 30+ goals this year. Many times last year the goalie didn't even react to the shot. He'll score goals in the NHL whenever he gets his chance.

That said, Parise is probably a more well-rounded and creative player (based on what I've heard, I haven't seen him play). I think they have about an equal shot to make the NHL, but for very different reasons.

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
SpaceGhost79 said:
I dis agree Tamby is just as flashy with the puck but in a different way....cammy if flashy with his stick handling while Tamby is so fast and skates so well that he is just as flashy....

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
Twisted Wrister said:
Agreed. Tambellini's release on his shot is possibly the quickest I've ever seen on a NCAA player in about 10 years of watching, it's simply phenomenal. He's a sure bet to score 30+ goals this year. Many times last year the goalie didn't even react to the shot. He'll score goals in the NHL whenever he gets his chance.

That said, Parise is probably a more well-rounded and creative player (based on what I've heard, I haven't seen him play). I think they have about an equal shot to make the NHL, but for very different reasons.
Tambellini was having a steller camp this year but it was decided before he was drafted that he'd be goin back to college this year.

GiggyIsTheNextRoy

Jun 16, 2003
OC
Visit site
Could somebody rate both Parise and Tambellini's

hockey tools? I guess I was under the wrong impression becuz I thought Parise and Tambellini had near identical physical traits.

Gordon Howe is #1

Dec 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
For those of you who have not seen Parise, he is on a level all by himself on the ice. He is too good of a passer and playmaker for nearly all collegiate players to handle. His passes are so insane that his teammates cannot put the puck into the net. When he gets to the pro level, his assists will skyrocket. He is a great finisher, too, but I think where he will stand out is as a playmaker. I am not impressed with his speed, though, and he has a slightly awkward skating style, but still gets his fair share of breakaway goals.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
I haven't seen Tambellini play yet, but since everyone else is in agreement that they are pretty close, he must be very good, because Parise is THE best college hockey player right now. As Gordon Howe said above, if he had teammates who were ready for passes AT ALL TIMES he would have about 15 more assists already this season. His hockey sense is second to none, his passing superb, and his skating is fantastic. Bet of all, he is a team player, who blocks shots, covers for pinching D-men, and passes to everyone, not just his favorite.
If Tambellini is thought of as highly, he, too, must be a special player. We'll see where they are in 4 years. Both should be in the NHL by then.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Qubax said:
Man oh man....I can't even believe we are talking about htis...Parise....is way better IMO...

Parise could be JOe Sakic....Tambelleni could be Mike Comrie...that's the upsides were looking at here

If you wanna look at upside then Tambelleni could be the next Bret Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad