Zach Hyman - Potential Free Agent

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Oct 15, 2008
Don't disagree that's what we need first and foremost. But that doesn't mean you ignore other potentially free assets.

Yes, that is exactly what it means.

Yep, I'm well aware.

Having depth down the middle is good though, especially if it comes cheap.

Where is he going to play? Whose spot in the organization does he take? We have to give him a contract. Then what?

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Yes, that is exactly what it means.

Where is he going to play? Whose spot in the organization does he take? We have to give him a contract. Then what?

I don't know anything about him other then what I posted, so honestly I have no idea if he can be a good fit here.

To answer your question I was thinking 3rd line center replacing Roy. Maybe even play one of the wings if needed.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If he's willing to play in the AHL next season I wouldn't have any problem with signing the guy. I could see us trading Yakimov or Leon over the off-season and that would keep us pretty thin at center on the farm.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Hey guess what guys. We don't have to armchair gm anymore. Let chiarelli do his thing. I'm content for once.

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Just an update for anyone interested.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=771488&navid=nhl:topheads

"The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired the rights to unsigned center Zach Hyman and a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers on Friday in exchange for center Greg McKegg.

Hyman, 23, completed a four-year collegiate career with the University of Michigan by scoring 22 goals and 54 points in 37 games as a senior, and was a Hobey Baker finalist. The Panthers selected him in the fifth round (No. 123) of the 2010 draft.

McKegg, 23, is scoreless in four career games for the Maple Leafs, three this season. He had 22 goals and 37 points in 62 games for the Toronto Marlies in his third full American Hockey League season. McKegg had 47 points in 65 games for the Marlies in 2013-14."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad