Zach Hyman “The Line King” !

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Have to be extremely careful with term on this type of player. I'd rather go higher AAV less term but cap space is going to be very tight. It's a tough one, but if there's any player who would take less to remain a Leaf it's Hyman.

Reactions: JayDog17

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
He'll make up the few Mill he might lose by staying over the long term with endorsements and especially book sales.

I think it's safe to say his book sales will be better as a career Maple Leaf instead of heading to Arizona for 5 years. If he gets $1 per book sold in royalties it is a pretty easy to make that up. If every Leaf fan buys just 1 book he'll be rolling in dough.

zachary hyman: 7 Books available | chapters.indigo.ca

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
We need to start a campaign to push Zach's books to #1 on Amazon and getting some hashtag trending. Lets make him a best selling author, he'll make that hometown discount back pretty fast.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Dreger hates the leads and is trying to get Hymans agent to believe Zach should get 10 Mil X 8 years so we can't re-sign him :sarcasm:
What a d*ck he is ... i too believe he does it on purpose and enjoys doing it ... likely does it for clicks and notoriety though as it keeps him front of mind

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
What a d*ck he is ... i too believe he does it on purpose and enjoys doing it ... likely does it for clicks and notoriety though as it keeps him front of mind
I think it stems from when he titled himself the insider and was trying to fill Mackenzie's shoes and received so much ridicule, a heavy dose of it coming from Toronto fans that turned him to the dark side. The rage boiled inside him until he was consumed by it!!!
:laugh:
But I am serious

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I wouldn’t want to go higher than a number that starts with 4 for Hyman’s next contract. I love the guy but hopefully he’ll value staying here and leave a bit of money on the table to continue being a Leaf.

I’m not worried about the money being there. We’re going to lose Andersen’s $5 million, and any TDL acquisition (which by all accounts the Leafs are going to do) for up front would likely see Kerfoot going the other way, and that player will likely be a rental so that’s another $3.5 million
Dubas is going to sign hyman for market value with a bit of ingenuity in the payout schedule involving term and signing bonuses. Easy man. He can give him 8 years

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hyman is 29 in June. 8 years from now he’s not going to be what he’s worth today so they balance it out. Boom Leaf for life at a cheaper hit,everyone’s happy and load in the signing bonuses where ever it works for both. Hyman isn’t going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad