Zach Hamill

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He is very small, and plays small, and he doesn't have the explosive tools needed for someone that small.

He probably could play in the NHL right now, but not on a Stanley Cup contending team. He doesn't do enough defensively/physically to be a 3rd or 4th liner, and his offense just may not be good enouh to be a second liner at the NHL level

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
if the Bruins decide to deal him, the most they could get is a 2nd from a desperat team IMO. he just hasn't played well enough to warrant his draft position in the years after 2007. i think, with the right coaching staff he could flourish, but i don't think thats in Boston.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He's been a disappointment, but he's still young and has improved every year. He has NHL hands and vision, but he really needs to add a step and become stronger on the puck.

He's the same height as Pavel Datsyuk, and plays a similar style game, but he weighs 15 pounds less than Pavel (and 20lbs less than Crosby). If catches up in that department, he could become a good player.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He's the type of player that I like to call a "tweener".

Not good enough due to a lack of either skill, speed, hockey sense or offensive abilities to play in your top 6. And he lacks the size, grit, physical play to play in the bottom 6. Tweeners to me are the most useless players to have on you hockey team...

Ryan Shannon is a prime example of a tweener to me. Although he did produce decently when given ample top 1st line time and pp.

Helps playing with Spezza though...

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Hamill didn't look at all out of place when he played a few games for the Bruins. He made a fantastic play with Ryder that was a very nice goal. Whether or not he could keep that up in the NHL is another story. He strikes me as one of those guys who can end up being a 2nd liner or a career AHLer.

I really don't think he will ever beat out Bergeron, Krejci, or Seguin and he is a playmaker not a shooter so it really doesn't look like he will have a place on this Bruins team.

He could possibly be a good pick up for a team that needs a playmaker on their 2nd line. That really seems like the only job he is suited for. In some ways he reminds me of Josef Stumpel, or in other words, a playmaking center for a bad to mediocre team.

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
Phoenix or N.Y.I takes him. Nashville could also take a chance considering Lombardi's health, and general lack of high-end skill.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for a solid second rounder. He just hasn't panned out in BOS and really there is no roster spot for him in the future with a young team already with some solid prospects waiting like Caron, Sauve, Knight and Spooner.

member 30781

I pegged him as a bust during his draft year....

I think I was right.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
He projects to be a third-line one-way center at this point. In his call-ups to the B's this year he did not look out-of place, making a fancy play to set-up a Ryder goal, and generally playing responsible, creative hockey. Big put-up-or-shut-up season for him coming up, as he needs to either make the big squad or play excellently in the AHL.

I still believe he has the stuff to be a decent NHL pivot, but he could just as easily remain a career AHL-er.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I wouldn't be surprised to see him swapped for another team's underachieving prospect. He's got the tools to carve out an NHL career, and has looked fine in his call ups this past year, but I don't think he'll get an extended look in Boston with the other kids they have coming through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad