Zach Boychuk

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Nope. He's a winger; the Flames already have too many of those.

And the organization's at 49 contracts I believe. Boychuk's not worth the hassle of being at the limit.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Had he not been waived by three teams this year. He actually played pretty well for NSH with 1G 1A +1 in 5GP. He's pretty small though

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If we can trade someone to free up the contract spot then yes if not then no can't waste our last contract on someone who won't have a spot on the team.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
He couldn't score with malkin as his center, how does he get anything here? I don't think he gas been able to over come hus size issue and he isn't that fast.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He couldn't score with malkin as his center, how does he get anything here? I don't think he gas been able to over come hus size issue and he isn't that fast.

While true what is the harm in letting him try the last 20 games here? If he finds his game then great we get a free top 9 player if not we let him walk he atleast allows us to patch this team together and we don't have to rush Sven, Horak, Reinhart etc.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
While true what is the harm in letting him try the last 20 games here? If he finds his game then great we get a free top 9 player if not we let him walk he atleast allows us to patch this team together and we don't have to rush Sven, Horak, Reinhart etc.

Contract limits for one thing, especially if we need the spaces for trading on the deadline. Harm is also if flames still try to make playoffs they won't risk giving him ice time anyways.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Contract limits for one thing, especially if we need the spaces for trading on the deadline. Harm is also if flames still try to make playoffs they won't risk giving him ice time anyways.

Again I say if we move someone so we stay at the same contract number and we move someone to make room for him then it most likely means we are sellers and aren't going for the playoffs. If we admit defeat then Boychuck is a guy we should pick up and given him a shot.

TylerSVT*

We already have players waiting in the AHL to come play up here...

Not to mention, this experiment failed with Comeau, and he was actually a former 20 goal guy.

If we claim him, Feaster is a big idiot.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
No. Nope. Nada. No way. No thank you. Not interested.

There is absolutely zero reason to make this move.

Give me a reason. Any reason. Because I can't think of one.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
No. Nope. Nada. No way. No thank you. Not interested.

There is absolutely zero reason to make this move.

Give me a reason. Any reason. Because I can't think of one.

If we are trading Stempniak, Iginla etc at the deadline this is better than forcing Sven and Horak into a spot they aren't ready for? If he finds his game here we get a young free top 9 players?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If we are trading Stempniak, Iginla etc at the deadline this is better than forcing Sven and Horak into a spot they aren't ready for? If he finds his game here we get a young free top 9 players?

We haven't made any of those moves yet. No point in picking up a washout on a just in case basis.

If we trade Stempniak and Iginla I'd rather see someone like Byron come up or Cervenka move up the lines. We haven't done so yet though. I'd rather we keep that last spot open in the hopes we can sign a college UFA.

Boychuk isn't ready for a spot in the lineup. He's not good enough for Top6 and he can't play bottom six effectively.

He cannot be effective on this roster, so there is no reason to claim him. If we had a ton of open contract spots, maybe, but even then there is no reason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Who is nhl ready, Street is the only one I can think of.
Street & Horak for forwards are NHL ready. Breen on the blueline is ready too, or I think he is but it's hard to be 100% sure when he hasn't been given a chance yet.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Street & Horak for forwards are NHL ready. Breen on the blueline is ready too, or I think he is but it's hard to be 100% sure when he hasn't been given a chance yet.

I disagree about Horak but agree on the other 2, if we do move only Stempniak, Iginla from the forward position then we can always just play Street and Cervenka but if plan on moving more I would grab Boychuck and give him a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->