Zach Boychuk status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Any updates on his injury?

On TSN, last night, they said it was pretty severe. It would be a HUGE blow to the team. Canada would miss him as he's a top six forward. What do you think Canada should do if he's unable to go?

For me, Pietrangelo wasn't used at all against US and I think he'd good as a forward. He has size and definitely the skill. I think Canada could use him as a checking forward with Patrice Cormier and Della Rovere.

This is what I'd like to see:
Jamie Benn - John Tavares - Tyler Ennis
Jordan Eberle - Cody Hodgson - Evander Kane
Alex Pietrangelo - Patrice Cormier - Stefan Della Rovere
Angelo Esposito - Brett Sonne - Chris DiDomenico

The bolded ones are the main changes....though I doubt Quinn takes Espo and DD off of Tavares' line.

I think Evander Kane can be used with Hodgson and Eberle. Pietrangelo replaces Kane on third line.

eightyseven

Mar 4, 2008
I just read in an online newspaper article that Pat Quinn said it was "day to day" and isn't as bad as they initially feared. And they said they were hopeful he would let him heal for a bit (I'm assuming scratching him for Saturday's game) and then recover enough to be able to play for the later game.

Here's the article: http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5j6sVzKGOTE0cVJmPKoAfgxWHATDg

They should move one of the d-men up-front, Pietrangelo would be interesting to use as a forward due to his size. BTW, they did use Pietrangelo, but only on the PP against the US. He made a pass that got deflected on the PP, and that started a dangerous US rush the other way.

BTW, Ennis was originally on Tavares line, but they didn't click well so he put DiDimenico and Esposito on his line instead. They barely used Ennis in the USA-CAN game, and when they did use him, it was hard for Ennis because he was being man-handled along the boards. Although he did make a nice move to enter the neutral zone...hmm..

And yes, they should put Benn on Tavares line, Benn is a great offensive talent and he's being wasted on the 4th line.

Last edited:

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I think they said on TSN that he left the arena on crutches and was favoring his ankle. It looked to me that his ankle was caught under him when he was hit and went into the boards, so I'd guess it's a sprain.

He's been, for me, one of the best three forwards so far, and it would be a huge blow to lose him. He plays a lot bigger than his size.

Mr Lahey*

Why would you take Dido and Espo off the 1st line? Have you not been watching?

I love Benn too, I wish he was playing on a better line.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'd assume that Subban would be shifted up front if Boychuk can't go. That was the plan earlier when SDR's status was uncertain after blocking a shot.

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

I'm guessing Benn will get his chance to pick up that spot on that line, although Ennis is another good choice given his similarity in style to Boychuk.

They need to find a better role for Benn though, who has not done much aside from PP.

I see these lines

Didomenico-Tavares-Esposito
Benn-Hodsgon-Eberle
Sonne-Cormier-Kane
Ennis

I am guessing Della Rovere will get a game suspension due his role in the bench altercation.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
That was a sick crash. I am shocked he never broke anything.

These kids will give anything and everything to bring it home (again).;)

That said...were living in a dream world if we think there is any 'plan b' to put into action of Zach can't go in the semi-finals.

Boychuck is vital to the team. Were a totally different team if he's not in the line-up.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I am guessing Della Rovere will get a game suspension due his role in the bench altercation.
No suspensions were handed down so he will be available, although we'll see how much ice-time he gets. The leash should be pretty tight one would imagine.

Things seem pretty optimistic about Boychuk's availability for Saturday according to this.

Hyperkookeez*

I'd assume that Subban would be shifted up front if Boychuk can't go. That was the plan earlier when SDR's status was uncertain after blocking a shot.

subban has been playing too well and looks too awkward as a forward to put up front, imo

thank god for the bye though. hopefully all boychuk needs is an extra day or 2 of rest for that ankle

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
subban has been playing too well and looks too awkward as a forward to put up front, imo

thank god for the bye though. hopefully all boychuk needs is an extra day or 2 of rest for that ankle

Agreed.

Pretty sure they would just double shift a forward and let the d-men be d-men.

I can think of one forward in particular who would do well with more TOI.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Boychuck is vital to the team. Were a totally different team if he's not in the line-up.

He's a good player no doubt but I don't think Canada is a totally different player without him. He's far from superhuman or the best player on this team. A nice piece on a scoring line but honestly, guys like Ennis and Benn who are playing 4th line minutes can do a similar job. I'd be more worried if Hodgson/JT/Cormier went down. Those guys play more crucial roles on this team than Boychuk up front although I'd love it if he could play in the semis.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
He's a good player no doubt but I don't think Canada is a totally different player without him. He's far from superhuman or the best player on this team. A nice piece on a scoring line but honestly, guys like Ennis and Benn who are playing 4th line minutes can do a similar job. I'd be more worried if Hodgson/JT/Cormier went down. Those guys play more crucial roles on this team than Boychuk up front although I'd love it if he could play in the semis.

He is very critical to the PP. The same PP that is torching the tournament right now. You can't just inter-change parts on a powerplay unit like that and expect it to be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad