Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not to mention the fact that Myers for him was supposed to be an upgrade. That should've been a sign that Murray didn't know how to evaluate defensemen.

Defensively he was... for about an initial 20 game span. Since? Nope.

Reactions: Husko

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
who the hell thought that?

TSN. They ragged on Myers constantly, especially the ex-Sabre guys they would have in for the B and C list guests like Barnaby and Peca. And then he went off to the Jets and played the same way he did in Buffalo... and he was liked for it.

Bogosian was a teenage workout warrior who has seeded his own destruction with how he has prepared his body over the years. His training and nutrition come into question with the constant injuries and his inability to address it properly through surgery when things happened. He "toughed it out" even though it hurt him and the team. He has never been a cerebral player, always got by on his physical tools. Those have eroded badly. He does not look like he's well and if he is well, then he needs to go. Moulson him if need be, but he's terrible.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
TSN. They ragged on Myers constantly, especially the ex-Sabre guys they would have in for the B and C list guests like Barnaby and Peca. And then he went off to the Jets and played the same way he did in Buffalo... and he was liked for it.

Bogosian was a teenage workout warrior who has seeded his own destruction with how he has prepared his body over the years. His training and nutrition come into question with the constant injuries and his inability to address it properly through surgery when things happened. He "toughed it out" even though it hurt him and the team. He has never been a cerebral player, always got by on his physical tools. Those have eroded badly. He does not look like he's well and if he is well, then he needs to go. Moulson him if need be, but he's terrible.
I agree, I mentioned resigning him but I watched him closely tonight. He is not even close to the same Bogosian as last year. When he came back from injury last year he played some solid games. He shouldn't be on this team past the deadline(or tomorrow for that matter)

He was slow to react, slow to skate, out of place and didn't win puck battles.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I agree, I mentioned resigning him but I watched him closely tonight. He is not even close to the same Bogosian as last year. When he came back from injury last year he played some solid games. He shouldn't be on this team past the deadline(or tomorrow for that matter)

He was slow to react, slow to skate, out of place and didn't win puck battles.

They could fairly easily make a public statement that he has some lingering impacts from his surgery and put him in the press box without the stigma of it being just because his play has been a drag on the team's ability to win games.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Maybe he just shouldn't be in the lineup.

The fact that guys like BOGO can't simply be cut from the team highlights a serious flaw in how the NHL works.

They need to eliminate guaranteed Ks from the game next CBA. I'd be willing to miss a season of hockey over it, for the long term good it would have on the game.

I don't expect it to happen, however.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The fact that guys like BOGO can't simply be cut from the team highlights a serious flaw in how the NHL works.

They need to eliminate guaranteed Ks from the game next CBA. I'd be willing to miss a season of hockey over it, for the long term good it would have on the game.

I don't expect it to happen, however.

If the owners want to eliminate guaranteed contracts, we won't have NHL hockey for a long, long time. The players would walk. It's a huge concession on their part to give that up.

As for Bogosian... time for a trip to the press box.

BlindSquirrel

Dec 4, 2019
Let's start grading Bogosian after he skates for another month. I thought he was one of our better defenseman last year and in fact was a really great partner and steadying force for Dahlin.

2 hip surgeries in the past 2 years. Time may very well prove to be his friend here.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Let's start grading Bogosian after he skates for another month. I thought he was one of our better defenseman last year and in fact was a really great partner and steadying force for Dahlin.

2 hip surgeries in the past 2 years. Time may very well prove to be his friend here.

Maybe. He still makes poor decisions with the puck and takes bad penalties at bad times.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
His only quality he could possibly offer on the ice was physicality...hes not even offering that. I'm over it, I'd much rather have Borgen than him in the lineup if we are looking simply for that trait. I understand he's good locker room guy and all but wings build more morale than Bogo's attitude ever will...time to go.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019

I like that you are positive about sabres players and I too have high hopes but sometimes it can be better to cut ties and move on. I thought the same thing that he was a top 6 defender but this year he is a mess and an UFA. He is not the future of this team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like such a small act, but it gives me a glimmer of hope.

Same. Like, are they finally turning the corner with icing the most competitive team rather than just putting vets on the ice who suck? Are they starting to understand the rah-rah stuff in the room rings more than a little hallow if the player with the loud voice is also the one with the biggest gaffs? Between giving McCabe a seat and now this, maybe. I'm not sold that they're starting to figure out how to ice their optimized roster, but it's a step.

I hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->