Zach Bogosian

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
From a point production perspective Zach has always been a little streaky and I don't think that is that unusual. Either way he is back on pace for about 35 points in 82 games which is pretty good considering how often he produces at even strength. He had one bad season and that seemed to have more to do with luck than anything else. I have always been a fan of his and continue to be.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
The person that said Enstrom-Bogosian have started taking 2nd toughs instead of first like normal are correct.
It's tough to see the impact of usage but we often miss it.

Note:
I do think a lot of it is Bogosian's personal and on-ice shooting percentages returning back to career norms after being pretty low last year, and playing with Enstrom, and taking easier assignments... But I also think part is just Bogosian playing well.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@DarrinBauming: Has Zach Bogosian changed his approach since returning from injury? He tells me he's moving his feet more. Otherwise the same — O has come.

Funny about that moving the feet thing. It seems it is the issue with just about every underperforming or suddenly performing player. How many times I wonder has the average NHL rookie been told that by his coaches since the age of 6? Quite a few I would bet. :laugh: :)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Funny about that moving the feet thing. It seems it is the issue with just about every underperforming or suddenly performing player. How many times I wonder has the average NHL rookie been told that by his coaches since the age of 6? Quite a few I would bet. :laugh: :)

I know when I'm not playing well it's mainly due to low energy or lack of confidence. The direct result of both of those things? Not moving your feet.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Injuried players come back....zach played 16 min without PP / PK ice time, finish -1.....trouba played 23 min finish -3...

not the way to keep Zach confidence he earn earlyer in junuary...

played 9 min against dallas, does he get hurt?

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Noticing some different d pairings later in the Flames game. Trouba was out with Buff and Bogo at times.

I think they are struggling with how to get the top 4 of Toby, Troubs, Buff and Bogo their minutes and experimenting when the score is a bit out of reach.

I'm not sure why they split up the Toby/Bogo, Stu/Trouba, Chiarot/Buff pairings.

Said it was for Toby, so he got his ice. Well, last I checked, he was getting lots of ice along with Bogo. It's more about getting Troubs or Buff their ice. Heck, Toby could go every 2nd shift as LDman, and play close to 30 mins if you're worried about his ice.

I think we see the pairings changed soon, and maybe a RH dman playing the left side. My guess is that is Bogo or Buff to play alongside Troubs.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
would like to see stu or trouba playing the LS with bogo. Bogo has been looking pretty shaky since the break and needs a physical dman who can read the play to be there to offer him support and coverage to get his confidence back up. jmo from watching every game since the break.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It seems to me that we are constantly discussing who Bogo 'needs'. If he 'needs' a certain partner to make him a decent Dman, maybe we should be looking at other options i.e. trading him.

I'd prefer someone who makes his partner better, not vice versa.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
For sure.

I've noticed, as a relatively rookie hockey fan compared to others here, that judging D-men is a lot harder than judging forwards.

Watching hockey for me has gone something like this.
At first, I saw goals, body-checks, fights, and spectacular saves.
Then I started seeing offensive plays unfold.
Then I started appreciating fore- and back- checking.
Then I started appreciating individual positioning.
Then I started appreciating team positioning.

That's a pretty rough outline, but the D appreciation came way later, and I certainly still don't have an amazing eye for it.

That's a really good post, Puck. I've been watching hockey since there were only six NHL teams, and played competitively until I was 15/16 as defence, and I have a heck of a time sometimes judging just how well a D is playing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Noticing some different d pairings later in the Flames game. Trouba was out with Buff and Bogo at times.

Stuart sat in the bench for a bit (almost 8 minutes) after the 4th goal (2 on 1) Was he being sent a message? Or was Maurice hoping to generate more offence? Experimenting with RH shots playing LD?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Stuart sat in the bench for a bit (almost 8 minutes) after the 4th goal (2 on 1) Was he being sent a message? Or was Maurice hoping to generate more offence? Experimenting with RH shots playing LD?

I wondered about that, too.

My first reaction was that it was to try to generate some offense and get back into the game, but I was hoping that it was either to send a message or an attempt to try to find some combos that would mean that he could maximize the usage of his best defensemen.

Personally, I'd like them to try something like this....

Enstrom-Bogo
Buff-Trouba
Chiarot-Postma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad