Confirmed with Link: Zach Bogosian returns to Tampa Bay | 3 years, $850k AAV

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Dude, get over it. The numbers are clear.

You claimed that having Bogo opened up Hedman to play an offensive game and win the Smythe. It couldn't be more clear that that wasn't the case.

- Hedman got stuck with Bogo for 28% of his even strength shifts. In that time, he scored two points.
- He was paired with Shatty 31% of his ES shifts and got 4 points. You're somehow giving Bogo credit for that number now, as your argument gets dumber and dumber, but whatever.
- And why do I say whatever? Because you know he actually did the best with? Who he was paired with for only 23% of his shifts, yet still scored 4 points? That's right, Rutta and Schenn. This new argument of yours that Bogo's presence liberated Hedman to go score with Shatty is really the dumbest yet. He got the same number of points, in fewer shifts, with Rutta and Schenn.
- And for completeness, his stats with Cernak and Serg were both 1 ES point in about 8% of his shifts. Not up to same standard he set with Rutta/Schenn.
- And again, when Bogo played, Hedman scored 0.866 PPG. When Bogo got healthy scratched, Hedman scored 1.5 PPG.

There is absolutely nothing, zero not a single shred of reality or slice of stats that says "Bogo enabled Hedman because he wasn't playing with Rutta or Schenn". It's just nuts. Hedman was a monster that whole postseason, including especially the games where we were healthy enough to scratch Bogo. Hedman was the same monster after we watched Bogo walk to Toronto, until Heddy himself got hurt.

(Separately, I haven't said a single word about Bogo's point totals. Not sure what you're going on about there. I've tried to make my posts as clear as possible -- but those comments now make me think you haven't been able to follow this conversation at all.)

I can't read what you are saying with the attitude. We are done here

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
So anyways that’s a nice contract huh?

Absolutely for someone who can play up and down that right side will be really valuable at that price point. He's not a youngster but 31 isn't super old either. Surprised he went for that much when he probably left a few mil on the table. That's what a great organization does for you.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->