Confirmed with Link: Zac Rinaldo Traded to Boston Bruins for 3rd Rounder, Sweeney Confirmed Insane

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It's just one more season that Rinaldo shouldn't have been looking for a predatory hit. Although he is dumb enough that he probably had no idea how much time was left in the period.

The #1 reason he should be suspended is because he launched into the hit and made significant contact with a players head well after the puck had left.

I agree.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I liked Rinaldo for one single season, that was the lockout year when he was playing smart and drawing penalties instead of taking them.

After that it was all downhill because he started being stupid again and our idiot coach somehow convinced him that he was an actual hockey player so he stopped doing the only thing he did well, fight and laying clean big hits, and started trying to act like he had some skill. Meanwhile the penalties never stopped and the dirty hits were still there enough that it was an issue.

[mod] Getting suspended clearly doesn't teach him and if he was suspended it would mean that he struck again and another player is probably hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What is he supposed to do? I tried to find the clip and couldn't find anything other than some quotes where he just says he tried to land a clean hit. I'm not sure what else you want him to say. If someone on the Flyers hit someone and injured them I wouldn't be expecting an apology, dirty hit or otherwise. This is hockey. I am sure that if Coots was seriously injured Rinaldo would probably reach out to him personally and offer some sort of apology. No need for him to say anything to the media, especially in a post-game conference with a suspension hearing likely looming and a tough loss just suffered on the ice. Would you expect someone from the Flyers to offer an apology after the game if someone is hurt due to a hit on the ice, clear or dirty?

He can say whatever the hell he wants ..it's his actions and attitude that I'm more irked about. He clearly doesn't give a crap that his reputation is that of a cheap shot artist....and the league just validated him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He can say whatever the hell he wants ..it's his actions and attitude that I'm more irked about. He clearly doesn't give a crap that his reputation is that of a cheap shot artist....and the league just validated him.

It's DFF, defending awfulness is kind of his gig.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Trying to stir **** up again. This guy is a moron and clearly doesn't understand the hockey culture. You handle this stuff on the ice not with talk off the ice.

I agree with that statement... But to be honest I'm not so sure that he is stirring it up as much as he may be reading things incorrectly.

There is also something where someone basically asks Hextall if he believes the players should take revenge next meeting -- Unberger pretty much said they would have done so had Rinaldo been allowed to stay in the Game -- and Hextall said something like 'you know better than to ask me that'... leaving ambiguity for the NHL on whether he doesn't believe they should... or that he cannot say that on record... Thus, covering his tail.

... From other accounts it does seem that Rinaldo was liked in the Room... But Umberger, who has less history playing with him, seems much less to be vocally forgiving.

I suppose that individually views can be stated, as Umby has... but as a whole, they will let things play out on the ice rather than biatch and moan to the Press... Seems also that Hakstol has directed the Team to move on and concentrate on the Game at hand tonight against the Rangers... As they always say, it is a long Season (and beyond), revenge may not be extracted immediately and certainly will be better served to be done when the time is right... when it doesn't hurt the Team. Agitators want nothing more than to throw off Opponents during the Game, and had the Flyers dwelt on what happened they very well would have two less valuable points at Season's end.

The thing is for Timmy and the other Bloggers to read between the lines with the Players and focus on the big picture... what they have to say to the Press and what they have to do, and not do, going forward. Timmy may just be getting bamboozled on this as opposed to trying to make trouble... Either way, he's not coming across very well with statements like that, IMO.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The **** does "too well liked" even mean

I don't understand what hes trying to say either

Okay... yeah... that part may be a bit of schit stirring, I'd say.

I suppose he's inferring that he was so liked by his teammates in his time here that they might overlook such hits.

... That is total BS no matter how you look at it... Maybe my haste in being fair to Timmy was misplaced, now that I re-read it.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If Rinaldo was "worth" a 3rd in Sweeney's eyes, PEB must be worth a 2nd, right?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am SOOOOOO hoping we end up with a legit NHLer from this pick. It will be nice to look back on and smile....like getting Ghost with our pick from Florida for Versteeg.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The picks is going to be either 80th or 81st overall depending if Nashville advances to the WCF.

We got the 80th or 81st pick for Rinaldo. What was Sweeney thinking? Rinaldo had 3 points in 52 games with the Bruins. And now spends his time in the AHL.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If only we picked Nicolas Roy with the 3rd from the Coburn trade. He's carrying Chicoutimi in the Q playoffs without Rubstov to help.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hextall should look to pull a Rinaldo\McGinn trade on someone this offseason with one of our plethora of fringe forwards.

Agreed. Start gathering picks for 2018 and 2019. Keeping the pipeline nice and full before we start trading away picks when we are a playoff team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->