Z.Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MojoJojo said:
Well, have you seen him play in the AHL? Am I wrong about him? I mean, whats hard to understand? He's hardly the first forward to float in the defensive end, even for an organization like the Devils.

I've seen Parise play at all levels quite a bit and he never floats. I don't care what his plus/minus is. IMO your interpretation of how he plays is flat wrong.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
So I can't question the reasoning of the poster in question? What kind of police state is this?
Zach Parise is comparable to Doug Weight or Joe Juneau (early in career). Both make plays happen and have a grit about their game. To the poster who says Parise is a floater based on his +-....you should no better then to judge a players defensive numbers based on +-. Its pretty hard to cover the opposing teams centermen, LW and RW all at the same time.

Mr.Brownov*

I appreciate all the responses guys thank you!I was expecting to hear something from Vlad,who I believe is Parises' # 1 fan from what I read in earlier posts ;)

Does anyone see him as a potential future first line center? And with our new rules for this coming season,can we dismiss his small stature?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I see Parise point wise as Drury. Get him on the Avs back when, he puts up good totals. On the Sabres he gets like 50 points. I see Parise in his first year with the devils getting bout 10 and 30 for around 40 total. He is not that gifted offensivly. He is smart and has great sense, most of his points come from his speed and his smarts. As he goes up in levels i do not see is point production going the same way. He will not be as fast and he will not be able to out smart the opposition. As far as 1st or 2nd goes. He will be a huge asset as a 2nd line guy and a below average 1st liner. I am basing his first line potential on how i see him getting points alone. His value will be huge. As he plays solid at both ends and uses his smarts and abilities to make plays and never hurt his team by making a dumb play. So IMHO his value will never been in points. And he will be valuable. And like Drury i see him having one or two great playoff runs. But in the regualr season i cant see him in the top 15 scoring ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad